Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - MITCHITO OWENS!

Remove this Banner Ad

He usually moves on after his comment.
Just think of Barrels as Jan, and Knightmare as Marcia.
I resent that.

I can definitively say that out of the two of us, I’M the pretty one….

E6D616E1-5D48-4260-AFEE-5D78A6439933.gif

Club said he’s “barely scratched the surface” of what he can do.

That said, you can see why the clubs told him his kicking needs work. That is presumably a big part of the reason a club didn’t take a punt with a top 20 pick, given his other attributes.
its a good thing we're a club known for our elite kicking and skills. A good track record of teaching our mids to kick well ;)

only joking. Just make him move in with NWM and keep them together during training

its a good thing we're a club known for our elite kicking and skills. A good track record of teaching our mids to kick well ;)

only joking. Just make him move in with NWM and keep them together during training
Yes, a fabulous idea. I've quickly mocked up what NWM and Max would look like if they could truly be "together" during training. A side note, despite my inferences of 4 dimensional movement in this picture, I actually don't know how to utilise that extra dimension. Less knowledge as to how to utilise it within the confines of a football match.
I'll leave that to the game day experts.

MaxNWG.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A big omedetou gozaimasu to the Owens family and the Saints.
Tip: for anyone unfamiliar with Japanese names, it's Mitchi Toe, not Mi Cheeto. I'm a bit rusty after nearly 20 yrs away from Tokyo, but iirc -To is quite a common suffix for male first names, (the female version being -Ko) and in a lot of cases in general everyday usage it gets dropped. The final i in Mitchi will probably be a very short almost unspoken i, not the long drawn out eee sound we roll with in names like Bobby, so it would sound more or less like Mitch. Maybe our resident Japanese gaijin Luca could confim?

At the 2005 AFL International Cup the Japan Samurais wore Saints colours.

Michito Sakaki played with distinction for Japan in the 2002, 2005 and 2008 teams as a crumbing forward.

He went on to play a practice match for Essendon in the VFL in 2006.

Our boy is likely to have been born a few months before Michito came to Australia in 2005, but it is possible he was named after him I guess.

4E65C34F-6D28-4697-B06C-C70E1A67C2D2.jpeg

Tip: for anyone unfamiliar with Japanese names, it's Mitchi Toe, not Mi Cheeto. I'm a bit rusty after nearly 20 yrs away from Tokyo, but iirc -To is quite a common suffix for male first names, (the female version being -Ko) and in a lot of cases in general everyday usage it gets dropped. The final i in Mitchi will probably be a very short almost unspoken i, not the long drawn out eee sound we roll with in names like Bobby, so it would sound more or less like Mitch. Maybe our resident Japanese gaijin Luca could confim?

If he went to School in Australia, i'd bet he gets called and doesn't mind Mitch. I think its kind of cool that they gave him a name that recognizes his heritage, but can be anglicized well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back