Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - NASIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA!

Remove this Banner Ad

That is definitely a contributing factor but both have played a lot of footy. Apart from 2020 Coff has been a below average footballer and Clark seems to be an eternal kid about to put on some muscle and move to the midfield. To me both seem like second year kids not 5 year veterans. Our players seem to take three times as long and end up being a third as good over the last 20 years. Naz looks way out in front of just about anyone part from King and we seem determined to make Max's development as slow and as painful as possible.
Mate your so harsh on them both discounting severe injuries and missing good form. Both will be fine. I still have full faith in Clark as a mid as well

Mate your so harsh on them both discounting severe injuries and missing good form. Both will be fine. I still have full faith in Clark as a mid as well

Possibly but there is a tipping point where promise becomes unfulfilled talent. If you are still a fringe player in your mid 20s you are up against it to be anything more than a GOP. Coffield has missed this year with a knee and Hunter has had big layoffs in 2 season but before both he was just okay. What the injury does give them is a bit more time and an excuse. The rest is going to be up to them to meet expectation. Coffield couldn't hold his spot last year. Hunter was an okay HBF.

Same with Bytel. He's going to have to get moving soon because he's a step down from those guys even. The end comes quickly if you don't take your chances. My guess is at the moment Clark becomes another Billings who will frustrate until he becomes a whipping boy. Coff will struggle to get a spot in the side if he doesn't up his work rate, apparently he was having a good preseason and came back in good nick so at least his attitude is right.

To me a huge part of the issue is that there are plenty of seniors ready to slip into cruise mode and the guys under them are learning to coast along.

Possibly but there is a tipping point where promise becomes unfulfilled talent. If you are still a fringe player in your mid 20s you are up against it to be anything more than a GOP. Coffield has missed this year with a knee and Hunter has had big layoffs in 2 season but before both he was just okay. What the injury does give them is a bit more time and an excuse. The rest is going to be up to them to meet expectation. Coffield couldn't hold his spot last year. Hunter was an okay HBF.

Same with Bytel. He's going to have to get moving soon because he's a step down from those guys even. The end comes quickly if you don't take your chances. My guess is at the moment Clark becomes another Billings who will frustrate until he becomes a whipping boy. Coff will struggle to get a spot in the side if he doesn't up his work rate, apparently he was having a good preseason and came back in good nick so at least his attitude is right.

To me a huge part of the issue is that there are plenty of seniors ready to slip into cruise mode and the guys under them are learning to coast along.
Was thinking that if I am Ratts, these two would be my prime focus over the next preseason. Both have talent to burn, have enough games under their belts.
They will be like new recruits for us next year and have the most potential to help us take the next step.

As long as Clark can keep pumping out those awesome evasive manoeuvres he’ll never be a whipping boy. Cult hero more like

As long as Clark can keep pumping out those awesome evasive manoeuvres he’ll never be a whipping boy. Cult hero more like

He’s at least not boring but cult heroes are more likely to be late picks. The high picks get the rage.

I wish I didn't but I agree with this.

It's unfortunate and it's not always fair because many talented players don't make it. There is limited time in the system to make a name for yourself before it's too late.

Sometimes the difference between a player who makes it and one who doesn't comes down to luck and opportunity and players need to realise pretty quickly how limited those opertunitys can be. Having a good development system as Geelong has had for 10+ years also makes a difference.

The time for like likes of Hunter Clark to show something is right now.. Because if he does an ACL tomorrow it could be too late

If he can develop a bit of an inside game and retain his outside ability as well as kick goals I might just cry from happiness. Class is one of those attributes that holds its value from the start of your career to the end unlike pace and strength which wanes as you get older.

Wouldn't mind if he brought the 4 premierships too
If he helps you guys win 1 premiership, I'd take it and run 😉

That was definitely a take away from the match for me, he’s going to be an elite wingman.

Can also hang in the air and intercept mark, love him.
I loved his under 18 highlights but wasn't sure if he'd get the same time or space. I needn't have worried.
He and Windy have looked like they belong from their first games.

Was shocked to hear that Nas only had 14 disposals. At the ground it felt like he was everywhere, I was expecting 20+!

Can take a strong mark, is physical, and has a beautiful kick. No doubt when he works out how to play at the level a bit more his ceiling is that of the best winger in the league and the best kick in the league.

That’s his ceiling. He had all the attributes, I just hope he gets there.

If his 14 disposals felt like 25 (from my perspective at the game at least) then the day he gets 30 disposals is going to feel monsterous. But what’s more important then quantity is quality, and gee whiz this kids got quality.

Was shocked to hear that Nas only had 14 disposals. At the ground it felt like he was everywhere, I was expecting 20+!

Can take a strong mark, is physical, and has a beautiful kick. No doubt when he works out how to play at the level a bit more his ceiling is that of the best winger in the league and the best kick in the league.

That’s his ceiling. He had all the attributes, I just hope he gets there.

If his 14 disposals felt like 25 (from my perspective at the game at least) then the day he gets 30 disposals is going to feel monsterous. But what’s more important then quantity is quality, and gee whiz this kids got quality.

He won his own ball in contested situations last night. He wasn't getting cheapies out in space. He was earning his touches. To me that was the big difference this week. If he keeps that up he'll be Amon like pretty quickly and save a us a big wage to bring Karl in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His kicking wasn't quite at his usual standard last night but there were a lot of second efforts that he didn't have the stamina for earlier this year. Lots of good contests, lots of running, good in the air. He's ahead of where you'd expect. He is already great to watch.

I wish I didn't but I agree with this.

It's unfortunate and it's not always fair because many talented players don't make it. There is limited time in the system to make a name for yourself before it's too late.

Sometimes the difference between a player who makes it and one who doesn't comes down to luck and opportunity and players need to realise pretty quickly how limited those opertunitys can be. Having a good development system as Geelong has had for 10+ years also makes a difference.

The time for like likes of Hunter Clark to show something is right now.. Because if he does an ACL tomorrow it could be too late
Still reckon he will be a good player. Maybe not elite like we hoped but was build well last night. Still hold faith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back