Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - NASIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA!

Fantastic pick up. Weeks ago looking at his highlights I thought he looked incredible. Never thought we'd end up with him though! He spoke so well in his interview and looks to be an absolutely elite user. I loved Terry too so I'm rapt. And his uncle went alright.
Is it concerning that number of disposals is small per game?

Ricmel

Premium Platinum
Jul 13, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Haven't seen a Saint kiss the pill with his foot like that since Nicky Dal

Kinda looks like Lachie Whitfield in those highlights
R no n

I would have thought more a mix of young Judd, Danger and NicNat. But of course he could be, as another poster said, just another
Hunter Clarke (sic).

Aug 9, 2006
Level 2 Bar, Coventry End
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Packers, Detroit Tigers
That's potentially dangerous, unless we make a trade for the live pick we run the risk of a club placing a bid and gobbling our newly acquired pick.

That's the point. You trade for - say - pick 23 immediately after 22 is used. Then you make your selection immediately. Judging by what's happened I think we were more likely to do that if we took a tall at pick 11 as it seems that the obvious picks in the 20a are mids.

Ephemeral Hope

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 24, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
That's the point. You trade for - say - pick 23 immediately after 22 is used. Then you make your selection immediately. Judging by what's happened I think we were more likely to do that if we took a tall at pick 11 as it seems that the obvious picks in the 20a are mids.
Give me Sam butler then Owens and Windhager

Or

Owens, Windhager

+

Schlensog/Dean and gringo2011 Trudgeon with leftover picks

I was hopeful to get either Sinn or Wanganeen-Milera. I am very happy with Nasiah. We have opted for a classy outside player, and our NGA players include a tall mid (Owens) and an inside bull (Windhager), and we still might take Peris and Kyle (probably as rookies) adding decent pace to our squad.

Ads734

Premiership Player
Jan 24, 2013
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is it concerning that number of disposals is small per game?
It’s an interesting question. I heard Hamish Ogilvie talking about this very thing woth Twomey. Basically you have to take into account the role he was being told to perform by the coach. Ogilvie basically said for him to be on the wing following the instruction and getting 15 disposals or so was really good. Also to me what’s more important is his skill level carrying through as he progressed. I also noticed he played a sanfl seniors game against Port which is massive for confidence and development.

mad-saint-guy

Premiership Player
Apr 13, 2005
Toronto, ON
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hope the kid is an absolute star, but I have always been against drafting players who haven't shown an ability to win their own ball as a junior as they often struggle big time in the AFL and can be shut down easily. Is he quick? Very much looks to be a 'stand and deliver' link up player. Terry had some skills but I hope his uncle has had a lot to do with his footy as well.

Oct 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Fulham FC, PHX Suns, MN Vikings
Seems to be a very fluid mover, and never appears rushed.

That Pendlebury/Dal Santo esque trait will serve him very well.

For all the comments about him being able to kick both sides - in the highlights video weren't all his kicks on the right?

Still, his kicking skills on the right side are absolutely phenomenal.

The muppet on Zero Hanger said this about NWM

AFL Comparisons

Bradley Hill
Shane Edwards
Lachie Hunter

Since when has hill played like the other Two , More im asking who does NWM really play like for those who have seen more than 30 seconds of vision and can he kick on his left as in all the clips i have seen he does everything possible to get onto his right hand side

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
#13 Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (Glenelg)

Wanganeen-Milera gave us more of what we’ve become accustomed to seeing from him. He used the ball with high class as we’d expect yet still managed some jaw-dropping moments, in particular a spearing kick off the side of his foot to set up Hugh Jackson for a shot on goal. His evasiveness with ball in hand was on full display again, as he repeatedly showed candy to his opponents before wheeling onto his left or right foot and delivering accurately to a teammate. He doesn’t need a lot of space to get his kick away and his delivery inside 50 in particular is sheer class. Wanganeen-Milera also had some moments where he showed some real footy IQ with some deft touches to keep the ball alive or to find a teammate in space. In South Australia’s best again, Wanganeen-Milera continues to impress every time he takes the field.

Wanganeen-Milera gave us more of what we’ve become accustomed to seeing from him. He used the ball with high class as we’d expect yet still managed some jaw-dropping moments, in particular a spearing kick off the side of his foot to set up Hugh Jackson for a shot on goal. His evasiveness with ball in hand was on full display again, as he repeatedly showed candy to his opponents before wheeling onto his left or right foot and delivering accurately to a teammate. He doesn’t need a lot of space to get his kick away and his delivery inside 50 in particular is sheer class. Wanganeen-Milera also had some moments where he showed some real footy IQ with some deft touches to keep the ball alive or to find a teammate in space. In South Australia’s best again, Wanganeen-Milera continues to impress every time he takes the field.

Clark & Wanganeen selling candy left and right...going to be entertaining at worst.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Obviously style, not level. Every passage of play in that vid looks like a typical Whitfield game
If he can learn to tuck it under his arm and break lines then he could end up a Whitfield type.

I'm struggling to find a good comparison. He looks a Silk type when moving through traffic and hitting up targets, but Silk was able to win his fair share of his own footy.

I think once he fill out a bit that might happen

I will need to look for more vision as i have yet to see him go near his left foot , hope im wrong

I will need to look for more vision as i have yet to see him go near his left foot , hope im wrong

In the draft interview on the saints website he kicks off his left.

Hope the kid is an absolute star, but I have always been against drafting players who haven't shown an ability to win their own ball as a junior as they often struggle big time in the AFL and can be shut down easily. Is he quick? Very much looks to be a 'stand and deliver' link up player. Terry had some skills but I hope his uncle has had a lot to do with his footy as well.

My worry is that we wouldn't pass the ball to Hill who has runs on the board, Naz seems to stand around in space waiting for the ball to get to him. He's going to have to be fed by our players who have no history of playing for each other.

Back