Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - NASIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA!

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Nasiah is going to be a great get. His highlights clearly show that he is a eyes up, lace out deliverer of the footy. I’m pretty sure all our forwards would be loving this selection.

No doubt it’s going to be tough to transition into the AFL but I’m a believer. I think he is going to be a beauty.

I will need to look for more vision as i have yet to see him go near his left foot , hope im wrong

He spots up a team mate on his left early in the second quarter v WA, it looks like he has good decision making, moves the ball on quickly with very good foot skills. The down side is in the quarter and a half I could be bothered to watch a couple of very nice kicks was the about it. He’s very outside, lopes around and whilst he may go if he needs to he certainly wasn’t looking to apply pressure or lay tackles.

I’m still bemused that we picked him, it’s like someone said who’s the best kick in the draft his name came up and they said done. The upside is you can’t teach what he has whilst training and attitude can improve his tank and attack on the contest. I’d be interested to see how he tested, on one occasion he stretched out looking to get on the end of a chain running forward of the ball and looked quite quick.

Looks miles off AFL to me and a real high risk high reward pick, I hope he works his arse off and proves me wrong but I’d have taken sinn or another local.

He spots up a team mate on his left early in the second quarter v WA, it looks like he has good decision making, moves the ball on quickly with very good foot skills. The down side is in the quarter and a half I could be bothered to watch a couple of very nice kicks was the about it. He’s very outside, lopes around and whilst he may go if he needs to he certainly wasn’t looking to apply pressure or lay tackles.

I’m still bemused that we picked him, it’s like someone said who’s the best kick in the draft his name came up and they said done. The upside is you can’t teach what he has whilst training and attitude can improve his tank and attack on the contest. I’d be interested to see how he tested, on one occasion he stretched out looking to get on the end of a chain running forward of the ball and looked quite quick.

Looks miles off AFL to me and a real high risk high reward pick, I hope he works his arse off and proves me wrong but I’d have taken sinn or another local.
Yep , I'm not convinced at all , geez i really hope I'm wrong , he looks like all he will ever be is a winger to me so i guess the club is banking on the few young lads we have , ie Clark , Bytel ect plus maybe Back breaker and Owens to put some class into our midfield.
In saying that the Two NGA lads are a second round picks at best so we cant expect them to be guns although a few on here already think they are so its a bit of a gamble IMO
PS , im not normally a doubter of the club with early picks as i loved the Clark and Coff picks , this one not so much

Wish the kid all the best.

Not who i would have taken in at that pick

For some reason reminds me a lot of Jack Martin in the way he moves and delivers the footy.

Let's hope he develops better than him!

If he can learn to tuck it under his arm and break lines then he could end up a Whitfield type.

I'm struggling to find a good comparison. He looks a Silk type when moving through traffic and hitting up targets, but Silk was able to win his fair share of his own footy.

I think once he fill out a bit that might happen
Only a third year player but Lachie Sholl looks a comparison. Rising star nom 2020 or 2021 very similarly built and relies on his kicking skills to keep his spot in the side

Love the clip George but the title is a tad misleading. Was looking forward to how AFL legends helped with his guernsey. Presumed it was insights into choices such as long or short sleeves, making sure it wasn't on backwards or inside out, that type of thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It sounds like he's keen to carve his own name, so I'm not sure he'll actually want no.7 and what comes with it, who knows.

Trying to think of a Saint in comparison, sells candy and hits targets.... Aussie? Fiora?? Milera???

Maybe Michael O'Loughlan? Even in his best years he was averaging about 17 touches, that might end up around the mark for NWM.

Micky O played a bit of a small hybrid KPF role though probably a bit like Membrey this year. 17 possessions a game is actually very good for that role. He was a gun. I'd take that.

Micky O played a bit of a small hybrid KPF role though probably a bit like Membrey this year. 17 possessions a game is actually very good for that role. He was a gun. I'd take that.

True that. Guys like Sharman come along and within 20 minutes you know he easily belongs at the top... I reckon NWM might be a genuine wait and see after three years. But I'll hold my take until I see him in action for us.

True that. Guys like Sharman come along and within 20 minutes you know he easily belongs at the top... I reckon NWM might be a genuine wait and see after three years. But I'll hold my take until I see him in action for us.

I really don't understand this thinking... Absolutely no reason at all why he doesn't get game time on a flank at some point next year. His footy IQ is high enough that he'll be able to find space to get the ball. He may not be inside winning hard balls yet but his role will be to get the pill in dangerous spots & then get it to Winx, Coops or Skunk.

I really don't understand this thinking... Absolutely no reason at all why he doesn't get game time on a flank at some point next year. His footy IQ is high enough that he'll be able to find space to get the ball. He may not be inside winning hard balls yet but his role will be to get the pill in dangerous spots & then get it to Winx, Coops or Skunk.
Yep I reckon the best 22 always has about 2 spots available for a developing player as long as everyone else is fit and firing. Rotate our draft crop through those 2 spots, they can get 5-10 games each depending on how they go. Would love to see a couple games or more into NWM, Owens, Windhager, Alison, Heath not at once obviously but find a spot on a wing, or half forward one or two at a time to give them a taste

Oh yeah, I didn't mean he won't play for three years, I definitely want to see him ASAP when he's ready. I meant more like we might understand where his peak will be after three years. Like how Montagna took five, DMac still working his way up after eight, JBlake took about ten!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back