Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - NASIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh yeah, I didn't mean he won't play for three years, I definitely want to see him ASAP when he's ready. I meant more like we might understand where his peak will be after three years. Like how Montagna took five, DMac still working his way up after eight, JBlake took about ten!
Even Steele took a while. Last 3 years he’s been a genuine a grader

WELCOME
TO THE SAINTS NASIAH

According to another thread/poster "Wanganeen-Milera has a contested possession rate of 40-45% in his SANFL Seniors and reserves appearances, this "can't win his own ball" is one of the biggest myths of the draft class"

I'm not sure of the value of such a stat but it does seem to contradict many opinions thus far!!

Last edited:

After watching the SA v WA grand final game I feel he will improve in a better side who can get clearances. Was often not used. Is still a moments player. Looks a little tougher than Brad Hill, although I don’t see him as someone who will put his head over even if he had to in a big moment.

His work rate worried me. Didn’t seem to provide the overlap run and get handball receives like Brad. Late in the game when they are up by 1 he stands the mark the. Fails to push hard back in the dying stages of the game. He may not have changed the result in this instance but the fact he didn’t get back into the camera shot at all is a concern.

He also fail to apply tackle pressure on the fringe of the stoppage when the ball was won by the oppo mids.

Get him into a better team, with a familiar game plan and increase work rate and he should be a very handy pick.

Even Steele took a while. Last 3 years he’s been a genuine a grader

I thought it was 2? last year was his break out wasn't it or am I loosing my marbles?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He spots up a team mate on his left early in the second quarter v WA, it looks like he has good decision making, moves the ball on quickly with very good foot skills. The down side is in the quarter and a half I could be bothered to watch a couple of very nice kicks was the about it. He’s very outside, lopes around and whilst he may go if he needs to he certainly wasn’t looking to apply pressure or lay tackles.

I’m still bemused that we picked him, it’s like someone said who’s the best kick in the draft his name came up and they said done. The upside is you can’t teach what he has whilst training and attitude can improve his tank and attack on the contest. I’d be interested to see how he tested, on one occasion he stretched out looking to get on the end of a chain running forward of the ball and looked quite quick.

Looks miles off AFL to me and a real high risk high reward pick, I hope he works his arse off and proves me wrong but I’d have taken sinn or another local.
Yeah definitely that's what would have happened someone told the Saints' recruiters "he's the best kick in the draft" and that was enough, no research needed, I know we've all been waiting a long time to taste success but the negativity towards our club from our own supporters staggers me and tbh gives me the shits...

Gorged myself on Nas highlights today, admittedly I don't follow the draft at even a fraction of most other people so really had no idea about any player. I know they are highlights but compared to the highlights of other players I've seen who were taken early, he's right up there. I don't think I saw as much "x-factor" in others clips as I did with Nas'.

He looks extremely calm under pressure, instead of blasting it he takes his time and finds a target. And God don't we know we need someone with that kind of composure. Seems like a terrific kick too, and heard on the Fox coverage last night that he's probably the best kick in the draft. Need that too.

I think with a year or two in the gym he'll have enough size on him to at least hold his own in contests but what is good about him at his current weight is that because he plays outside he could fit right into the side now anyway, the added weight is just a bonus to make him a more complete player. And it's not even much either, for 187cm I'd hope the club keep him hovering around 80kg for most of his career. Would mean he would need to put on about 10kgs but that can be done in the 1-2 year time frame I reckon he'll need. We'd have to be more patient if he was undersized at a key position because then we know he definitely needs to pack it on to even get a game.

It seems like there were players available at his pick that were generally accepted as the better pick at the time so one could argue others who we could've picked at 11 will end up having more of an impact but from what I've seen from Nas he definitely has the composure and footy smarts...and that's probably the biggest thing you need anyway. Physical attributes can be trained and developed but he seems to have a sense and feel for the game that should, if nothing else, allow him a long career.

I'm more excited about his potential after watching his highlights now. There's not many players with his kind of kicking accuracy and general feel for the game that DON'T make it, so I'm optimistic he can realise his potential.

Just play him in his proper position and develop him properly, hopefully those things happen.

Gorged myself on Nas highlights today, admittedly I don't follow the draft at even a fraction of most other people so really had no idea about any player. I know they are highlights but compared to the highlights of other players I've seen who were taken early, he's right up there. I don't think I saw as much "x-factor" in others clips as I did with Nas'.

He looks extremely calm under pressure, instead of blasting it he takes his time and finds a target. And God don't we know we need someone with that kind of composure. Seems like a terrific kick too, and heard on the Fox coverage last night that he's probably the best kick in the draft. Need that too.

I think with a year or two in the gym he'll have enough size on him to at least hold his own in contests but what is good about him at his current weight is that because he plays outside he could fit right into the side now anyway, the added weight is just a bonus to make him a more complete player. And it's not even much either, for 187cm I'd hope the club keep him hovering around 80kg for most of his career. Would mean he would need to put on about 10kgs but that can be done in the 1-2 year time frame I reckon he'll need. We'd have to be more patient if he was undersized at a key position because then we know he definitely needs to pack it on to even get a game.

It seems like there were players available at his pick that were generally accepted as the better pick at the time so one could argue others who we could've picked at 11 will end up having more of an impact but from what I've seen from Nas he definitely has the composure and footy smarts...and that's probably the biggest thing you need anyway. Physical attributes can be trained and developed but he seems to have a sense and feel for the game that should, if nothing else, allow him a long career.

I'm more excited about his potential after watching his highlights now. There's not many players with his kind of kicking accuracy and general feel for the game that DON'T make it, so I'm optimistic he can realise his potential.

Just play him in his proper position and develop him properly, hopefully those things happen.
for a while footy fans have been banging on about drafting Footballers and not athletes. We've finally done it and picked a kid who has skill and footy smarts dripping from him, let the strength and conditioning coach and natural progression build up his physique, at least we know he's got what it takes already

Will check it out , Thanks
Ps , do you have a link
You tube do a lot of SANFL and WAFL footy,but not sure on 2nds footy.
I don't have a link no.
I watch both SANFL and WAFL on 7plus,but also have a Digital Pass for SANFL and watch all Glenelg games.
Hope that helps.
Mentioned yesty in Draft thread that Nasiah has got Great Composure and Excellent Disposal,but he needs to find the ball more.
Hopefully at AFL he will learn to that.

Don't forger that in the AFL, the good ball users are fed the ball and protected a lot more too.

The kid could get the ball 20 times if he ran 20 plays through him. If he can learn to get to where he needs to be the ball will find him.

He was not the most exciting prospect for me. But I know nothing,the thing that excites me is that he is from the SANFL. Whoever has been sent to those games in recent years has had some very good mail.

The guy who picked up Wilkie with a rookie pick could have been the one to say this kid is worth your first pick.

Mac Andrew seems like the other guy who looks like he could be a game changer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back