Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - NASIAH WANGANEEN-MILERA!

Remove this Banner Ad

His last five weeks have been fairly elite. He seems to be getting better with every game, it's just totally clicked for him that he not only belongs at the level but that he's genuinely better than most of his opponents.

In my time supporting the Saints I can't remember a second year player looking this good apart from Owens :)

His last five weeks have been fairly elite. He seems to be getting better with every game, it's just totally clicked for him that he not only belongs at the level but that he's genuinely better than most of his opponents.

In my time supporting the Saints I can't remember a second year player looking this good apart from Owens :)
As i said previously, eventually he will take over from Hill.

And He is a good size when standing next to Mitch not a lot in it

I said in the other thread. I think he can get to Lachie Whitfield levels for us.

Will he ever return to the wing? Or will he be a HBF for the next 10 years
You get more of the ball in the back half so probably best to leave him there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be pretty close to being top 4 or 5 in the bnf at this stage.. probably only behind Sinclair, Wilkie, crouch, in amongst Marshall, wood and Owens.

Probably over-taken Wood at the moment. His last 4 weeks have been incredible while Wood's start to the season was elite.

He's been amazing playing that distributing architect role that is one that you usually give to experienced players. Daicos the only other kid I can think of that's played that role.

What a season this kid is having.

His performance has meant we have been able to move sincs into the middle more often. Nas has picked up the slack and gone to another level.

Was lots of talk about Naz being homesick. Liked the club but couldn't settle.
Club has done well to settle him, no doubt with the assistance of current best clubman Mason Wood.
Also the complete change in the coaching and admin would not have harmed.
His football would suggest a settled, happy young man.
Kudo's to the club for getting him settled, and signed and kudos to Naz and doing what his dad told him, be a man and honour your contract.
Now we have got him, we can't let him go.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

His marking is underated imp
Good call, he's probably the cleanest one-touch mark at the club. Doesn't fumble them.

I'm stoked with NWM's progress. Last year he was missing a lot of targets but this season he has improved every facet of his game. Kicking is elite, decision making is good, production is way up, defensive work in the air is decent and hopefully his big goal against Sydney marks the start of him kicking a goal every other week. He's perfectly capable of sneaking forward and taking a grab or running past a player 60m out for the handball and kicking a long goal like Jason Gram in his prime.

Good call, he's probably the cleanest one-touch mark at the club. Doesn't fumble them.

I'm stoked with NWM's progress. Last year he was missing a lot of targets but this season he has improved every facet of his game. Kicking is elite, decision making is good, production is way up, defensive work in the air is decent and hopefully his big goal against Sydney marks the start of him kicking a goal every other week. He's perfectly capable of sneaking forward and taking a grab or running past a player 60m out for the handball and kicking a long goal like Jason Gram in his prime.
For me, the players who don’t fumble make it look like the ball melts into their hands. They just have an instinctive touch. He is one of those. I remember his under 18 highlights looking amazing but wondering how that would translate to the more high pressure stage of AFL. So far it hasn’t been a problem.

If he keeps up his marking game coffield won’t have a job

For me, the players who don’t fumble make it look like the ball melts into their hands. They just have an instinctive touch. He is one of those. I remember his under 18 highlights looking amazing but wondering how that would translate to the more high pressure stage of AFL. So far it hasn’t been a problem.
Xavier Ellis remarked on the hard ball gets podcast that Nasiah is one of the best kicks in the afl and that he was incredibly impressed because good kicks at under 18s level barely ever translates straight into good kicking at afl level. Something about zones and s**t not being common under 18s therefore the instincts on where to kick and when to kick are different.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back