Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - OLLI HOTTON!

Remove this Banner Ad

I know I said it already but I’m super happy with Hotties, (my nickname for him). Was one of my faves after the mid point of the year. His improvement was tremendous. Has simmilar strength and power to Windy. he would stand up espescially in big moments with clutch goals. His best attribute is his exit through stoppages. The step and speed is pure class.

Any idea why he didn't get taken earlier

No idea, i thought there was a chance he'd slide to our second pick, its great that he got to our third.
Keeler the same, i thought there was a chance at our second , all the way to our 4th.

This a great interview with Olli. Comes across as a very intelligent young man, interviews really well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oddly enough, Byrnes is probably a good comparison; hopefully he can make the next step that Ronnie seems to be having trouble with.

Hotton was a bit higher rated than Ronnie was. I think he has a few more weapons as well. Byrnes is at that frustrating point of being too good for VFL when he plays so ends up bench warming as the medi-sub.

He's ideally a Seb Ross type of outside baller who needs others to win the bulk of the ball for him.
You can't carry too many so he gets shoved in the high HF or flanks and he's a bit lost.

Stoked with Hotton.

That goal against SA (I think) where he had a couple of handballs in the chain and a couple of clever knock ons to team mates' advantage (started from defensive side of wing) and ended up drilling the goal from about 35m out was beautiful. Multiple efforts and just stayed with the play

Stoked with Hotton.

That goal against SA (I think) where he had a couple of handballs in the chain and a couple of clever knock ons to team mates' advantage (started from defensive side of wing) and ended up drilling the goal from about 35m out was beautiful. Multiple efforts and just stayed with the play

He might be our Ross replacement.
A good general midfielder, not great in any area, but overall good.

I can't wait to be the first one to post 'That's a bold strategy Hotton' when he does something amazing next year and look like some sort of social media savant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back