Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - OSCAR ADAMS!

Minga

Club Legend
Mar 23, 2021
AFL Club
St Kilda
198 cm, from SA. I think a relocation to Adelaide might be on the books for the club 😂.

Looks like a good key back to develop though, excited to see what he can do! Our SA recruiters have been on the money recently - especially with defenders. Wonder if they chatted to him when they went down there right before the draft?

Some nice highlights here. Seems like a taller maybe more key-back like defender then our old Oscar (Clavarino).

Last edited:
He's raw but it's what we needed.

198cm
85kgs

POSITION: Key Defender/Ruck

A raw developing tall, Adams has the strength to overpower players at junior level, but is still ironing out his consistency. He has some nice athleticism which helps set him apart from many other key defenders who can roll through the ruck, and an extra few centimetres at 198cm. Whilst he could lift his production and consistency, he has a great attack on the ball, and can impact defensively aerially or ground level.

We must have been pretty keen to get him, as we traded a future pick to get pick 51 when we had 59, so we obviously thought someone else was going to grab him before 59.

Port took Dante Visentini who is a 200cm utility, so I rekon they were the threat.

I liked Dante's draft profile. He's got a lot of campaigner about him and could be a very aggressive ruck/forward.

Oscar looks a better player and more settled as a FB option though. VFL team gonna look ok with he and Battle patrolling the backline.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
pebblesofsand , you got your man ,
Yep pretty happy with this selection.

The kid looks like he's got good football nous (plus great hands!!!!) but if my mail is correct, he's also has got a huge upside athletically once he properly gets into the system.

Seems like he was almost a part timer this year, regularly traveling from his home in Mt Gambier to play in Adelaide on the weekend but still managed to break into the state under 19's team.

My brother in law (who played state league basketball with Oscars old man) reckons we are hoping he turns into a Mark Blicavs type but with more natural footy ability.

The kid looks like he's got good football nous (plus great hands!!!!) but if my mail is correct, he's also has got a huge upside athletically once he properly gets into the system.

Seems like he was almost a part timer this year, regularly traveling from his home in Mt Gambier to play in Adelaide on the weekend but still managed to break into the state under 19's team.

My brother in law (who played state league basketball with Oscars old man) reckons we are hoping he turns into a Mark Blicavs type but with more natural footy ability.
Although i knew nothing about the kid i really liked what i saw of him so I'm glad we grabbed him , You are now an official ITK

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC

That's ringing all my bells, because Blicavs is one of the current non-Saints players I admire most. Ultimate team player, you just know he'll always do whatever is asked to help the team, he just gets on with it. Hopefully "Gomez" shares those traits and not just the playing style!

By nature I expected the worst haha. What a sublime kick. Sold some candy a few times too! Can take a pack mark.
Yeah , only one kick looked a bit shaky but still hit the target , No idea what the two above were banging on about his kicking for , ,,,,,,

Yawkey way

Norm Smith Medallist
May 8, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Red sox
Yeah , only one kick looked a bit shaky but still hit the target , No idea what the two above were banging on about his kicking for , ,,,,,,
I like the look of this kid in fact it made the draft for me, big agile players with sticky hands are gold.

Last edited:
Back