Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - RILEY BONNER!

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn’t even know he was delisted. Good backup because if it came down to between him or DMac then you have to go with the guy that will actually be available.

Know nothing about him, so compared last years season to Nas this year.

While Nas leads nearly every statistic, he's not far behind either with less time on ground. Disposal efficiency is good.

Interesting.
Bonner’s a handy player, not great 1 on 1 so hopefully he’ll improve in that area of his game!

Bonner’s a handy player, not great 1 on 1 so hopefully he’ll improve in that area of his game!

I wouldn't think many 27 year old's have a drastic change, unless their role changes too.

I think he'll be useful backup until Hastie or McLennon are good enough to play seniors.

I wouldn't think many 27 year old's have a drastic change, unless their role changes too.

I think he'll be useful backup until Hastie or McLennon are good enough to play seniors.

He's been best 22 in a Port side that was pretty handy for a long time. He's no star but he's a solid HBF. I would have thought he was an upgrade on Stocker and probably a fair bit ahead of Huner Clark too if that role came up and you had to chose one.

Down back he’s definitely behind Sinclair and Nasiah, and I can’t see him pushing Webster out unless Jimmy is struggling with injury.

I think he’s competing with Stocker and maybe Windhager (who I’m assuming/hoping will get pushed into the midfield this year).

He needs to have an exceptional preseason to crack the best 22 in my opinion.

Down back he’s definitely behind Sinclair and Nasiah, and I can’t see him pushing Webster out unless Jimmy is struggling with injury.

I think he’s competing with Stocker and maybe Windhager (who I’m assuming/hoping will get pushed into the midfield this year).

He needs to have an exceptional preseason to crack the best 22 in my opinion.
Depends on the plans for Sincs & midfield time. If the plan is 10min per quarter or more then Bonners chances go up imo.

Depends on the plans for Sincs & midfield time. If the plan is 10min per quarter or more then Bonners chances go up imo.
Bonner brings ready made run and carry, along with Nas and Sinclair, all 3 will be weapons.. Thinking Saad from Carlton.. in this road runner role, he already is in front of Webster, Clark, Stocker and Windhager..

Pushes Windhager, Clark and Stocker all to midfield, maybe with some rotation between mid and half back.
We had a lot of problems transition out of backline this year, so having players who can run, break the line and hit short / long targets with ease is important..

Actually think Stocker may surprise in the midfield (his preferred role) if he can build his tank to an acceptable level, here’s hoping.

Last edited:
Yeah imo Bonner plays from R1

If our injury list stays low, picking our Round 1 Team is going to be extremely difficult!

Bonner
yes is a chance, but there is going to be huge competition for our first Round 22/23.

Dow
and Henry however would seem certain ins. And in the midfield Jones is at last back and training well.
If Sinclair moves to the midfield (and I personally prefer him to mainly play at HB) then that may free up a HB slot, but then the competition for a midfield spot becomes enormous.

Of our new young kids Wilson too may be a chance.

Up forward, Hayes may be an option up forward again, and Membrey looks to be up and about. Then we have King, Sharman and Caminiti as marking targets. And lets not forget Phillipou and Owens as forward targets too.

On the outs it is only really Gresham that is gone from last seasons best 22, as Billings and Dmac were just not on the park.

If our injury list stays low, picking our Round 1 Team is going to be extremely difficult!

Bonner
yes is a chance, but there is going to be huge competition for our first Round 22/23.

Dow
and Henry however would seem certain ins. And in the midfield Jones is at last back and training well.
If Sinclair moves to the midfield (and I personally prefer him to mainly play at HB) then that may free up a HB slot, but then the competition for a midfield spot becomes enormous.

Of our new young kids Wilson too may be a chance.

Up forward, Hayes may be an option up forward again, and Membrey looks to be up and about. Then we have King, Sharman and Caminiti as marking targets. And lets not forget Phillipou and Owens as forward targets too.

On the outs it is only really Gresham that is gone from last seasons best 22, as Billings and Dmac were just not on the park.
I could see Jones, Membrey & Hayes having to show some exposed form at Sandy before getting AFL games.

Agree pressure will be on all spots in 2024

I could see Jones, Membrey & Hayes having to show some exposed form at Sandy before getting AFL games.

Agree pressure will be on all spots in 2024
Reckon there’ll be 4 debutants…Dow, Henry, Wilson & Bonner.
Bonner coverage for Sinclair & Windhager when they go into the midfield or a Webster replacement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bonner brings ready made run and carry, along with Nas and Sinclair, all 3 will be weapons.. Thinking Saad from Carlton.. in this road runner role, he already is in front of Webster, Clark, Stocker and Windhager..

Pushes Windhager, Clark and Stocker all to midfield, maybe with some rotation between mid and half back.
We had a lot of problems transition out of backline this year, so having players who can run, break the line and hit short / long targets with ease is important..

Actually think Stocker may surprise in the midfield (his preferred role) if he can build his tank to an acceptable level, here’s hoping.
Stocker has improved his movement across the ground, losing 4kgs appears to have helped his mobility!

Bonner coverage for Sinclair & Windhager when they go into the midfield or a Webster replacement.
Just watching him, I feel Seb might be struggling a bit. Looks a bit vanilla and low energy in comparison to say Dow, Wilson, Henry and Jones.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm of the opinion that with Nas, Jack, Bonner and Ari we've got a group that while they may not play at the same time could all handle kick in duties. Playing three at a time would allow multiple chains of elite distribution starting at the kick ins.

Between 11 and 15 times a game we get clear possession with 25m of space, we need to take advantage of the strengths we have.

Put that ball in the hands of those boys say Bonner and Ari, use Roma Phillipou and Mitch as primary targets, use contested marking and contested ball to get the possession into the hands of, Nas, Sincs, Wilson, Henry, Wood and Hill to find the next layer of targets, Cooper, Hayes, King. Make sure that whoever has the ball in hands to kick can really kick.

I expect to see a lot of coast to coast goals in the next three years and Ari to be a big part of that.

I'm of the opinion that with Nas, Jack, Bonner and Ari we've got a group that while they may not play at the same time could all handle kick in duties. Playing three at a time would allow multiple chains of elite distribution starting at the kick ins.

Between 11 and 15 times a game we get clear possession with 25m of space, we need to take advantage of the strengths we have.

Put that ball in the hands of those boys say Bonner and Ari, use Roma Phillipou and Mitch as primary targets, use contested marking and contested ball to get the possession into the hands of, Nas, Sincs, Wilson, Henry, Wood and Hill to find the next layer of targets, Cooper, Hayes, King. Make sure that whoever has the ball in hands to kick can really kick.

I expect to see a lot of coast to coast goals in the next three years and Ari to be a big part of that.

Ari looks a Daniel Rich type of kick. He has the ability to bypass the midfield where everyone congregates and drop it one kick from goal. It's a massive advantage.

Ari looks a Daniel Rich type of kick. He has the ability to bypass the midfield where everyone congregates and drop it one kick from goal. It's a massive advantage.
Have to agree with you and Moral Decay (great nic), Gringo. I think RTB has immediate plans for Bonner's inclusion in the side. Another quick, long-kicking HBF-type, who can break the lines with both his run and long kicking. Another part of the puzzle acquired.

Bonner would allow RTB greater flexibility in using Sinclair and Nas in the midfield. An experienced, ready-made plug-and-play type RTB has shown a preference for in the past.

Arie will play some senior footy this year. He will be in development mode to add to our rebounding and attacking arsenal in the near future. I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes that most sought-after commodity in the modern game, the genuine swingman. He has the size and weapons. I wouldn't be surprised if he plays as a midfielder/forward, eventually.

There will be a number of clubs cursing the fact they overlooked him. This will be the AFL equivalent of "Go woke, go broke."

"Multiple chains of elite distribution". Noice. I want more of that.

I keep thinking about the ins for R1 and pretty much come back to these 4 every time.

So good to see genuine pressure on all spots with the exception of ruck that is.
Disposal efficiency and pressure both ways will be in high demand.

We are going to be a quicker team with significantly better end to end transition from defense. More pace in the midfield and improvement in the quality of delivery "to the advantage of our forwards".

Bonner, Naz or Sincs (when not in mid) taking kick outs. RTB should ban Doogs from doing it imo. 2nd half of 2024 I think we'll see Arie playing back and taking kick ins and I'm here for that... bring it on!

Happy for the meeja & opposition supporters to underrate us ... imo they do so at their own peril

We're on the march Sainters!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back