Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - RYAN BYRNES!

Plenty of pre-injury Nathan Freeman about him. (Am I allowed to say that?)

Nothing wrong with that. As a junior he looked a gun. Just couldn't get his hamstrings right.

maanco

Club Legend
Oct 24, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Knightmares ranking from may 2019

7. Ryan Byrnes
Best position: Inside midfield
Height, weight: 181cm, 80kg
Recruited from: Sandringham Dragons
Projected draft range: 5-25
Plays like: Jack Steven
April Rankings: 14
Rationale: On performance is making the case that he is one of this draft's most damaging. Winning the ball and hurting the opposition with his acceleration and hurt-factor by foot. Rising rapidly on the back of a fast start to 2019.
Strengths: Wins first possession at stoppages, use of speed with ball in hand around stoppages, line breaking pace, agility, evasion in traffic, hurt factor by foot, high impact per possession, vision to find targets inside 50m, production
Weaknesses: Scoreboard impact, unclear versatility

Lenny2020

Cancelled
Feb 6, 2019
AFL Club
St Kilda
I guess a player like Byrnes, if he doesn't make it in the midfield, will be a complete washup, probably not versatile enough to play outside, forward of hbf.

I'm ok with that.

Yes well I've been thinking about that for the last 20 seconds and from the 2 minutes of highlights I've seen, I can safely say that he could actually be a handy little forward pocket. I saw him kick a goal after taking a contested mark in the forward pocket in his highlights package. Might as well give him the #3 right now because he will be better than Jack.

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United
So from what I am reading, a pure inside ball extracting pig.

As at 9.00 a.m this morning, straight under Hanners wing and stay there all pre season
Just so long as he gets away from that wing after hours, all is good!

Cant have them both going down the stairs together! Otherwise young Ryan will indeed end up
Putting sauce on that dropped Pie!

curly saint

Curly
Jan 12, 2018
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
i always look at these types of kids that get overlooked because they dont have any tricks etc Warpole Hawthorne , Daniels doggies . If im getting anyone at 51 im looking for a kid who can play football I would even say that about Gresham . this kid seems right in that slot can play best and fairest etc as well is eactly what we need another Gresham Stevens type who just ads some crazy when hes on the ball .

Spaceship7

Senior List
Sep 25, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Interesting selection. Popped up in the top 25 in Knightmare's board and the Champion data's draft rankings.
Clearly his stats are good (20+ each week), captain of his club... begs the question of why scouts don't think it will translate to the big league.
All I know is that we might finally have some young talented mids in the 2's pushing for selection. Bytel and Byrnes, bash brothers :handfist:.

On the downside the RY in his names confuses me... i just say brian brians in my head

Might as well give him the #3 right now because he will be better than Jack.

Big statement.
Here’s hoping we look back in two/three years time and call you Nostradamus!

Mar 19, 2008
Narre Warren North
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Interesting selection. Popped up in the top 25 in Knightmare's board and the Champion data's draft rankings.
Clearly his stats are good (20+ each week), captain of his club... begs the question of why scouts don't think it will translate to the big league.
All I know is that we might finally have some young talented mids in the 2's pushing for selection. Bytel and Byrnes, bash brothers :handfist:.

On the downside the RY in his names confuses me... i just say brian brians in my head

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
The Jack Steven comparisons are pleasing. I think he's also set to take over Stuv's role as most mispelled player.

I don't know which is going to be more infuriating, Ryan Byrne or Ryan Burns.
BT's call:

"...and here comes little Ray Burns streaming down the middle directly from the beach down at Mentone, and kicks another goal himself for St Kilda! His future's so bright Ray Burns* has gotta wear shades..."

(*desperately tries to make Ray Burns sound like Raybans)

Like Worpol, they get unfairly pushed down the order when they are considered one dimensional. He looks a player. Stuv was a 40s pick, Byrnes is a pick n the 50s. Here's hoping.

Just to show my awesome visionary skills. I was already on to him in April. Mostly because he'd been mentioned to me by a mate who thought he'd suit us, I had no idea.

Back