Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - RYAN BYRNES!

mightymalaka

What we have here is a failure to communicate!
May 7, 2018
Road to Nowhere
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Manchester United

Just to show my awesome visionary skills. I was already on to him in April. Mostly because he'd been mentioned to me by a mate who thought he'd suit us, I had no idea.
Ahh Bless you Gringo!
It's refreshing to see one pump up his own tyres as much as possible but you my friend are an inspiration as well as visionary! :thumbsupemoji:

As you may be aware i try to pump mine up daily
It's good for the self esteem and libido!
But sadly for me shortly after midday every single day
I seem to get this leaking windy noise and within minutes i have a flat! 😒

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
Yes well I've been thinking about that for the last 20 seconds and from the 2 minutes of highlights I've seen, I can safely say that he could actually be a handy little forward pocket. I saw him kick a goal after taking a contested mark in the forward pocket in his highlights package. Might as well give him the #3 right now because he will be better than Jack.
Jack Steven meets Jade Gresham! I'm excited!

Anybody got any links to highlights for this kid or any of the other two we've drafted?

Some on here, shows his pace and line breaking but not the best package. He didn't play much in the champs so mostly dragons.

Tommy Wigs

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 10, 2012
AFL Club
St Kilda
Yep I’d love a short reel too. Can get longer run highlights off NaB League, but I’m just looking for the perfect plays 😁

Just to show my awesome visionary skills. I was already on to him in April. Mostly because he'd been mentioned to me by a mate who thought he'd suit us, I had no idea.

When i thought we had a draft pick , i wanted Robertson, he ended up going at 22, we could have got Flanders, but he's a medium forward, and that "hi diddly hi " is really annoying.

When it became clear we wouldn't have a first, i set my sights on Byrnes , but later i was sure he'd go top 40, so i was thinking mature agers or something.
Happy as crap that we managed to get him.

prophetic1

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2013
b
AFL Club
St Kilda
I'm still picking myself up from Bergholt's assertion that he has a face like a dropped pie! lol....Harsh but hilarious! 😁
With that a warm and hearty welcome young man to our family!

What i am impressed with are his attributes, has exactly what we need from the sounds of it
Explosive Pace...Especially from stoppages....Wins his own ball and has hurt factor with ball in hand, plus shows leadership qualities!

Dare i say all the strengths of a certain Jack Steven but better by foot apparently which is a super endorsement
Looks to be smart and a real footballer which is a huge tick for me, and from what some of the experts say
He is one of the more likely of all the draftees to be able to have an impact early which is another bonus for us
In an area ( midfield ) Where we need more to run through there at a higher level that what has previously been produced!

Maybe just maybe Clark, Bytel and this lad can really add spark and impact for us next season turning our long time weakness
Into a pleasantly surprising strength! And that's not counting what we hope Hill and Hanners bring to the table!
Yep Its getting to the sublimely rediculous just how many new possibilities there seem to be on our new list...to keep tabs on everyone is going to be a fulltime occupation. Its bloody great!!!

How did he test at the combine?
He ran a 3.02 20metres and did a 20.8 yoyo. For comparison Rowell ran a 3.05 and a 21.3. Anderson ran a 3.03 and also a 20.8. Any other info you are interested in?

Human Person

Custom title
Sep 26, 2017
AFL Club
St Kilda
Byrnes kicking looked pretty good in the highlights reel. Hope the knock on not been a good kick is incorrect. He looks pretty good and just what we need. :clapping:

Well, highlights don't usually include shanks. Some of our worst kicks still do pin point passes every now and then. I'd say trust the scouting reports.

He looks like he has a lot to offer though.

Drake Huggins

Club Legend
May 2, 2018
The ghost of the G.G. Huggins Stand
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Stoke City, Southampton.
i did my HSC there in the late seventies.........we are talking about St Bede's Mentone yeah...
HSC class of '79, meself. Just had our 40th reunion. We were an undewhelming bunch. We did produce the Rear Admiral of the Navy, Tony Dalton.

What is it with the Navy? Rear admirals, Poop Decks, Able Seamen etc......Things that make you go hmmmmmm..................

Back