Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - Tom Highmore

Remove this Banner Ad

Did he elaborate on whether they reckon he is capable of holding down a key position post?

I'm pretty bullish about him, I reckon he could end up in our best 22 as soon as next year.
Nah , he just told me they were very happy to get him and rate him highly

Like Wilkie, Highmore can play tall or small. Moves very well and is aggressive in the air which makes up for his height on true KPF’s. Only a few seasons ago whilst he was at the Canberra Demons they were looking to transition him into a big bodied midfielder however he ended up staying in his most comfortable role behind the ball where he was named in the NEAFL team of the year.

Some have suggested we will go in smaller in defence (without Carlisle) however I still think we will be stretched by teams with two big key forwards. If Highmore is to play next year he would be in the side playing a like for like role as either Wilkie or Coff did this season, really doubt we could have all 3 in the same backline consistently.

Last edited:
Like Wilkie, Highmore can play tall or small. Moves very well and is aggressive in the air which makes up for his height on true KPF’s. Only a few seasons ago whilst he was at the Canberra Demons they were looking to transition him into a big bodied midfielder however he ended up staying in his most comfortable role behind the ball where he was named in the NEAFL team of the year.

Some have suggested we will go in smaller in defence (without Carlisle) however I still think we will be stretched by teams with two big key forwards. If Highmore is to play next year he would be in the side playing a like for like role as either Wilkie or Coff did this season, really doubt we could have all 3 in the same backline consistently.
Highmore offers a future that our other reserve small/medium defenders do not.

If we lose the likes of Coff, we were stuck giving games to a guy who won't be on the list next year.
You could say that this one draftee has made all of Gears, Jweb, Robbo and Dmac redundant, if they weren't already.

1 in for 4 outs is super good for list management..

Last edited:
Highmore offers a future that none of our other reserve small/medium defenders do not.

If we lose the likes of Coff, we were stuck giving games to a guy who won't be on the list next year.
You could say that this one draftee has made all of Gears, Jweb and Dmac entirley redundant, if they weren't already.

1 in for 3 outs is super good for list management..
Tbh can see geary transitioning into coaching within the next two seasons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back