Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - ZAK JONES!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't know how people can't be excited to get this bloke into the club.

He's done his apprenticeship as a mid under some of the best players you could ask, is now entering his prime and has a skill set that we're crying out for.

He'll now get the opportunity to play as a full time mid.... I reckon we've got an absolute steal here.

Welcome to the family Zak!

This is the pick I'm most iffy one.

I don't think he's clean enough to significantly improve us playing on the wing or half back flank.

If he is going to be a worthwhile investment he needs to be a significant improvement on Dunstan as far as I'm concerned.

Really worried about trading Bruce for him too.

Hope I'm wrong but this was the big question mark out of the trade period for me.

Breaks the lines, takes on tackles and punishes people when he tackles them.

He'll turn it over but no worse than Steven does on occasion. I'm pretty keen for Jones, I watch a bit of Sydney and he has always done well when he's had midfield minutes.

I'm really excited for his inclusion in the guts tbh. We don't really have anyone who can break a tackle and take off like he does

Congrats on picking up Jones. He’s a cranky bastard but was well liked by Swans fans. I hope he does well for you.

I will say though that I hope that your recruiters weren’t taking advice from John Ralph. In the review last night Ralph said that Jones was exactly what the Saints needed as he “has elite foot skills”. Now Jones has many fine attributes and I’m sorry to see him go but anyone who has watched even five minutes of his play will know that the one thing he definitely does not have is elite, or even just good, foot skills. Ralph has again demonstrated that he has no f***ing idea.

Congrats on picking up Jones. He’s a cranky bastard but was well liked by Swans fans. I hope he does well for you.

I will say though that I hope that your recruiters weren’t taking advice from John Ralph. In the review last night Ralph said that Jones was exactly what the Saints needed as he “has elite foot skills”. Now Jones has many fine attributes and I’m sorry to see him go but anyone who has watched even five minutes of his play will know that the one thing he definitely does not have is elite, or even just good, foot skills. Ralph has again demonstrated that he has no f***ing idea.

Haha we were having a giggle about that in our trade thread. Bloke is such a Muppet

I don't know how people can't be excited to get this bloke into the club.

He's done his apprenticeship as a mid under some of the best players you could ask, is now entering his prime and has a skill set that we're crying out for.

He'll now get the opportunity to play as a full time mid.... I reckon we've got an absolute steal here.

Welcome to the family Zak!
Jones is a mad dog type inside/outside mid.. add him to Dunstan (inside), Steele (inside); Hannerbury (inside/outside); Ross (inside/outside); Clark (inside/outside); Hill (outside); Billings (outside); Gresham (outside) as well as two competent rucks.. suddenly our midfield group look a lot better.. the improvements will come from:

1. Improved Ruck division (Marshall/Ryder)
2. Added speed and run (Hill, Jones, Butler)
3. Better coaching/game plan (Ratten)
4. General lift in skills standards (the 5 players all come from good skill sides)
5. Waste less energy from pressuring opposition with little impact.. (Richo gone and his game plan out the window)
6. Natural development from young players e.g. Clark, Bytel, Coffield, Paton, King.
7. Injured players coming back (Roberton, Carlise, Kent, Hannerbury, maybe even Mccartin unless he decides to go)

Go Saints!

A few years ago, start of 2017, I really started following him and had him in my Supercoach team. Looked like a gun then, I loved his line-breaking and ability to get the ball. He seems to have stagnated a bit the past couple of years, but his potential is HUGE in my opinion. Could even be A grade. Can't wait to see what he brings to the Saints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back