Welcome to Sydney Uni, Xavier Richards!

Remove this Banner Ad

So he goes from playing in a Grand Final team, to leaving Sydney because it's too expensive, to failing to sign for Melbourne team so decides to go back to uni in Melbourne only to be back in Sydney playing in the NEAFL.

What an idiot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Theres a chance he is redrafted by us in 2018 now hes local. Him staying makes no sense aside from hoping to get picked up by us again.

He's burnt his bridges and now he's made himself irrelevant to any other club by hiding himself in the NEAFL. He just doesn't want an AFL career

He's burnt his bridges and now he's made himself irrelevant to any other club by hiding himself in the NEAFL. He just doesn't want an AFL career

Hope he gets blackballed

The way I see it is after the initial mistake which I partly blame on poor advice from his manager it transpired like this.He went back to Melbourne with the intention of studying,playing vfl and aimed to get back in the Afl next year.Then realised the Melbourne fishbowl wouldn't allow him to live a normal life.Then he probably got it pointed out to him how many players had been drafted from the Neafl in last few years. So he thought it was probably the best way to develop his game while studying.He would still be able to live a life without being annoyed by footy heads in Melbourne eg Dane Rampe.Initially poorly handled but this could be the right move now

Seems like very poor Management advice and a bluff called. Would take a fair amount of self belief to make it at this level so I can see why some of these guys might get a bit ahead of themselves and potentially not have great self awareness. I would imagine that it's game over for Xavier with the Swans but they did take back a broken Capper before ditching him for hitting a supporter ? Or was that BS

Seems like very poor Management advice and a bluff called. Would take a fair amount of self belief to make it at this level so I can see why some of these guys might get a bit ahead of themselves and potentially not have great self awareness. I would imagine that it's game over for Xavier with the Swans but they did take back a broken Capper before ditching him for hitting a supporter ? Or was that BS
I'm certainly not aware of the Swans ever taking back Capper. Cannot even remember hearing of any speculation about it.

I'm certainly not aware of the Swans ever taking back Capper. Cannot even remember hearing of any speculation about it.

Returned in 1991 my last year of High School and reading an article it says a Knee injury and falling out with Col Kinnear were the end of his career. I recall hearing he hit a supporter who was abusing him or maybe some supporter hit him with an umbrella. Regardless seems my memory is a bit off on that but he did return and I was very excited as he was my football hero and I hated when he came to the Bears and left my beloved Swans. The beginning of some tough times for the Swans.

maybe some cap shenanigans? No cap room this year really, just a smokescreen. Go backt o NEAFL for a year and we'll redraft you when there is actually some money?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back