Toast Welcome to the AFL Buku Khamis! It’s Buks party time :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Leviticus

All Australian
Oct 15, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Does anyone else feel a little guilty that we took the opportunity to pass on a pick in order to rookie him rather than take him with that pick (45 or whatever it was)?

It seems the only benefit to us of doing this is that he will be on around half the wages he would have been if taken in the draft.

Hmmm, I hope the media don't latch onto this and present it through a certain lense that is is associated with him being a NGA.

We could be the first AFL club to be destroyed by the SJW social media and their MSM allies.

:eek::eek::eek:

From what I've watched of him, his skillset actually seems to be not of that as a defender, just that he's been pigeonholed there as a relative newcomer to the game. That marking skill gives him value up forward and his quick acceleration means he could play through the middle.

From what I've watched of him, his skillset actually seems to be not of that as a defender, just that he's been pigeonholed there as a relative newcomer to the game. That marking skill gives him value up forward and his quick acceleration means he could play through the middle.
I have him tipped to ddvelop into a midfielder

Yojimbo

Cancelled
10k Posts
Nov 14, 2012
The "Elephant" in the room.
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Or he can read the ball when it's bombed in by the opposition and intercept mark, but when the ball is brought in properly
he looks a little lost in game sense terms.

Doggies7

Premiership Player
Aug 31, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Milwaukee Bucks Manchester City
Does anyone else feel a little guilty that we took the opportunity to pass on a pick in order to rookie him rather than take him with that pick (45 or whatever it was)?

It seems the only benefit to us of doing this is that he will be on around half the wages he would have been if taken in the draft.

Hmmm, I hope the media don't latch onto this and present it through a certain lense that is is associated with him being a NGA.

We could be the first AFL club to be destroyed by the SJW social media and their MSM allies.

No. Nothing to do with that. Purely because we were waiting for someone to bid and then match that bid. We only had one list spot left so if grabbed him in the draft we gamble that Hayes lasts to us in the rookie draft. This was purely using our guaranteed players to our advantage and being able to get both of ours guys on the list.

Leviticus

All Australian
Oct 15, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
No. Nothing to do with that. Purely because we were waiting for someone to bid and then match that bid. We only had one list spot left so if grabbed him in the draft we gamble that Hayes lasts to us in the rookie draft. This was purely using our guaranteed players to our advantage and being able to get both of ours guys on the list.

I hope you're right because otherwise, we will both be wearing #NotMyFootballClub t-shirts to survive.

“Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers.” Peter said to him, “Lord, I am ready to go with you both to prison and to death.” Jesus said, “I tell you, Peter, the rooster will not crow this day, until you deny three times that you know me.”

Luke 22:31-34.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no - no other club think he is worth a spot on the senior list.

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

The dogs probably placed him where they think he currently fits, if he was as good as what everyone has commented previously there would've been at least some interest by other clubs, but all there was was silence.

Leviticus

All Australian
Oct 15, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
The dogs probably placed him where they think he currently fits, if he was as good as what everyone has commented previously there would've been at least some interest by other clubs, but all there was was silence.

You are right but I am scared of the perceptions. Let us write down our team lists and our history on scrolls and hide them in caves where no one will find them for a thousand years so that others know that we once existed.

Leviticus

All Australian
Oct 15, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
oh, I also wanted to say Khamis looks a like a great player for the future. Very attacking in his approach, he plays on after marking, he anticipates to intercept. Nice.

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
A lot of the rumours prior to the draft seemed to be pretty good (us into Bailey Smith, Melbourne to lodge a bid for West etc.) the one about Buku going sometime in the second round not so much. Not sure how that happened.

gordo2016

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
Footscray, Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Looking a treat in the red, white and blue. Best of luck to the young man!

46625586_2149683621743176_335723007819382784_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back