Toast Welcome to the AFL Buku Khamis! It’s Buks party time :D

Remove this Banner Ad

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dont get why Baku is being labeled a project player.Simply because he is an academy pick.He played for Victoria just like Smith and West.
Has just as much chance of playing seniors in 2019 as anyone.Especially being less key position depth in defense than 2018.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Dont get why Baku is being labeled a project player.Simply because he is an academy pick.He played for Victoria just like Smith and West.
Has just as much chance of playing seniors in 2019 as anyone.Especially being less key position depth in defense than 2018.
Because his tank is non-existent. Many reports saying he was one of the unfittest players in the draft. He'd make it in the side on ability, but fitness will be what keeps him out until he fixes it

Because his tank is non-existent. Many reports saying he was one of the unfittest players in the draft. He'd make it in the side on ability, but fitness will be what keeps him out until he fixes it

Sounds like something a few preseasons can work out.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sounds like something a few preseasons can work out.
Which makes me happy we got him as a rookie. He can stay there on lower pay while he works on his deficiencies, then in a couple years' time he can explode onto the scene and have immediate impact. I have no doubts that if his tank was better, he'd easily have the kind of influence that Naughton did in 2018

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Wasn't that what everyone said about Ayce Cordy
Ayce was a first rounder, Buku cost us nothing. I'm not worried if he doesn't pan out, but this situation appears to be a case of an extremely low risk investment, for a potentially massive payout

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Ayce was a first rounder, Buku cost us nothing. I'm not worried if he doesn't pan out, but this situation appears to be a case of an extremely low risk investment, for a potentially massive payout

Ayce was only a first rounder because the Aints decided to push us and bid on him in the first round and we fell for it and picked him rather than letting him fall to the Aints (think it was that clown Clayton again)

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ayce was only a first rounder because the Aints decided to push us and bid on him in the first round and we fell for it and picked him rather than letting him fall to the Aints (think it was that clown Clayton again)
But the club obviously rated him high enough to consider it worth the price. End of the day, if a prospect isn't worth the pick they cost, no team will match. We spent a big price on Ayce, and very little on Buku despite reportedly being prepared to match with our next pick after West. Instead, we ended up with Vandermeer, Cavarra and Hayes in between

Sep 22, 2008
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Which makes me happy we got him as a rookie. He can stay there on lower pay while he works on his deficiencies, then in a couple years' time he can explode onto the scene and have immediate impact. I have no doubts that if his tank was better, he'd easily have the kind of influence that Naughton did in 2018
Do you rate him that highly? Naughty had as good a year as I can honestly remember from a first year KPD. If Bukus year was half as good I'd be rapt.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Do you rate him that highly? Naughty had as good a year as I can honestly remember from a first year KPD. If Bukus year was half as good I'd be rapt.
Buku made the AA U-18 team, along with West and Smith, so he's definitely got the potential. I recommend watching some of his highlights, he really does look like an exciting player. No way does he actually have the impact of Naughton purely because of his fitness, but I feel he very well could have pushed towards that level if he had any sort of tank. Don't get your hopes up for this season though. In my opinion, I think a debut in 2019 is unlikely unless we get absolutely sodomised by injuries again

TheFool

Cancelled
May 19, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Loved this guy's question to Moz in the video on the dogs website: "How do you stay awake in meetings?"

If he can nail that skill he's halfway there

Mr. Walker

Premiership Player
Apr 15, 2002
PO Box. 7 Powelltown
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs

Yet he made the Vic team. Either says a lot about the other players in the TAC comp vying for his position or he is exceptional in some other areas (or a third possibility - his tank isn't that bad, or a fourth possibility everyone elses tank in the TAc is just as bad).

I am confused.

(Sorry just read your post properly and you noted his making the team and put it down to ability)

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ok so someone's expert opinion substantiates He had no tank last year.
STILL doesn't mean he is put in the no chance 2019 basket.
Its good it's transparent , motivates Baku
to train harder.
And if he does .NO REASON HE CANT PLAY
PROVE THEM WRONG BAKU

Old_Dog

Debutant
Nov 24, 2009
Camberwell
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
AUSC - Google it!
At the open training on Saturday the players were split into 2 groups for running drills. In the group which Buku found himself he was consistently last by about 10 metres. i.e. he just could not keep up. I'm sure this is something he can work on, or I hope so as his football skill set looks pretty good to me. By the way Schache lead this group in these drills and looks very fit.

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Ok so someone's expert opinion substantiates He had no tank last year.
STILL doesn't mean he is put in the no chance 2019 basket.
Its good it's transparent , motivates Baku
to train harder.
And if he does .NO REASON HE CANT PLAY
PROVE THEM WRONG BAKU
Club must think he's a chance if they were willing to upgrade his rookie status to make him playable

Virgin Dog

Cancelled
Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
At the open training on Saturday the players were split into 2 groups for running drills. In the group which Buku found himself he was consistently last by about 10 metres. i.e. he just could not keep up. I'm sure this is something he can work on, or I hope so as his football skill set looks pretty good to me. By the way Schache lead this group in these drills and looks very fit.
Really positive hearing that about Schache. He's got me more excited than either of Williams or English

Remove this Banner Ad

Back