Mod. Notice Welcome to the BigFooty Blues Women's Football Forum

Remove this Banner Ad

We probably should get a sub Board for the VFLW.

We don't have a subforum for the Northern Blues, just a thread on the players forum. Maybe we can wait for the traffic to demand it.

Does this mean our listed AFLW players play in the VFLW season automatically or is it player choice where they play VFL?

Love the idea of our players representing the club all year round.

We don't have a subforum for the Northern Blues, just a thread on the players forum. Maybe we can wait for the traffic to demand it.

Does this mean our listed AFLW players play in the VFLW season automatically or is it player choice where they play VFL?

Love the idea of our players representing the club all year round.

Nothing said yet about this, but I believe its still player choice. (Theres a GWS player who has signed with a VFL club for 2018). However its worth noting that the clubs actually have to sign AFLW players again in the post season as contracts are up at season close.

Nothing said yet about this, but I believe its still player choice. (Theres a GWS player who has signed with a VFL club for 2018). However its worth noting that the clubs actually have to sign AFLW players again in the post season as contracts are up at season close.

Are contracts all year to year, or are this year's new players signed for 2 years?

I know they need to accommodate new teams and they are building this thing fast but they have to be careful not to remove player recognition that keeps people coming to the games.

Are contracts all year to year, or are this year's new players signed for 2 years?

I know they need to accommodate new teams and they are building this thing fast but they have to be careful not to remove player recognition that keeps people coming to the games.

Players were signed year to year for the first two years.

My understanding is that clubs will be able to resign most of their list while releasing 3-4 players under the points system.

Players were signed year to year for the first two years.

My understanding is that clubs will be able to resign most of their list while releasing 3-4 players under the points system.

Points system? Are there points allocated to players?

Points system? Are there points allocated to players?

Player Lists post 2018 season

A window will open shortly after the end of the second AFLW season in which the Demons, Blues, Magpies and Dogs will need to give up players to their rivals.
  • The AFL has determined that the AFLW All-Australian committee will give each player at a Victorian club a points rating between 10 and 50, based on performance, but also taking into account injury, age and other relevant factors.
  • Existing clubs will give up between two and four players to a total worth of 100 points. Josh Vanderloo, told Fairfax Media, “Notionally your top rated players are worth 50 points, your low-rated players are worth 10 points.”
  • The expansion clubs will subsequently be allowed to sign any non-AFLW players over 18, before the league determines exact concessions for the 2018 draft.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...d-to-know-about-the-2018-aflw-season.1184592/

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Player Lists post 2018 season

A window will open shortly after the end of the second AFLW season in which the Demons, Blues, Magpies and Dogs will need to give up players to their rivals.
  • The AFL has determined that the AFLW All-Australian committee will give each player at a Victorian club a points rating between 10 and 50, based on performance, but also taking into account injury, age and other relevant factors.
  • Existing clubs will give up between two and four players to a total worth of 100 points. Josh Vanderloo, told Fairfax Media, “Notionally your top rated players are worth 50 points, your low-rated players are worth 10 points.”
  • The expansion clubs will subsequently be allowed to sign any non-AFLW players over 18, before the league determines exact concessions for the 2018 draft.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...d-to-know-about-the-2018-aflw-season.1184592/

Wow. Could lose some serious quality.

Our 50 pointers may very well be Davey, Vescio, Harris, Stevens. The latter two we traded a lot for so we wouldn't want to give them up after a year.

Can really see the likes of Hardiman, Pound, Lucas-Rodd and Gillespie-Jones being in the gun as good players who might generate 30-40 points each.

100 points across 2-4 players. That's 2 stars or 2 very good and 2 decent players.

The likes of Loynes will play well but age will mean the points won't be high. Maybe a decent season from those over 24 like Harrington, Brazzale, Li and Audley might give us something.

I don't want to lose any of them.

Our 50 pointers may very well be Davey, Vescio, Harris, Stevens. The latter two we traded a lot for so we wouldn't want to give them up after a year.

Can really see the likes of Hardiman, Pound, Lucas-Rodd and Gillespie-Jones being in the gun as good players who might generate 30-40 points each.

100 points across 2-4 players. That's 2 stars or 2 very good and 2 decent players.

The likes of Loynes will play well but age will mean the points won't be high. Maybe a decent season from those over 24 like Harrington, Brazzale, Li and Audley might give us something.

I don't want to lose any of them.

or its 5 20 point players. How many players do we delist every year anyway

or its 5 20 point players. How many players do we delist every year anyway

Oh okay. When you said 3-4 players I assumed the 100 points had to be in no more than 4 players.

e91231e8e04fee33761bd9e980039e70d884f1f9

Susan Alberti named Victorian of the Year

no women coaches in the women's game.........
Bec Goddard was not offered a fulltime role at the crows so she chose her career with law enforcement over footy coaching, moved to Canberra for a promotion at the federal police. Now coaches a basketball team there.

Westcoast have picked up the former freo head coach Michell Cowen as an assistant coach.

Peta Searle coach of the saints VFLW side will probably coach their team in 2020.

Expect a few to pop up soon once they've completed coaching courses or current players retire. Lauren Arnell will no doubt go into coaching once she retires, has already completed her level 2 course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back