Welcome to the Bulldogs Arthur Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Have we ever drafted anyone that weighs 65 kgs or less I doubt it. Looks like plenty of weight sessions coming up.
There have been a few kids going back 15-20 years who were around that range. Malcolm Lynch comes to mind.
Less likely these days with the standard growth from one generation to the next and with professional approaches to bodybuilding creeping into the junior ranks.

He didn’t understand the contract so he never signed it
I thought it was pretty interesting that he said NOT signing turned out better for him because he would be considered by the whole market not just WCE, even though it meant he could no longer participate in training and the development pathway with them.

I wonder if that will start a trend?

Bulldogs85

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 25, 2016
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
NBA- Houston Rockets
I thought it was pretty interesting that he said NOT signing turned out better for him because he would be considered by the whole market not just WCE, even though it meant he could no longer participate in training and the development pathway with them.

I wonder if that will start a trend?
I also found it interesting it wouldn’t surprise me if will start a new trend

We’ll if you look at it, Ayce Cordy was 73kg and 200 cm or so. On a height to weight ratio, Arthur is the Hulk
Yikes!
From the AFL web site:

2. Sam Darcy
Oakleigh Chargers, NAB League / Glen Iris FC / Scotch College​
State: Victoria (Metro)​
Height: 204cm​
Weight: 73kg
Date of Birth: 19/07/03​

Move over, Ayce. Sam is the new broomstick recruit!

Disclaimer: I think this is very dated info. I think I read somewhere he's actually around 90kg. I'd be reassured if someone can confirm that though!

Have we ever drafted anyone that weighs 65 kgs or less I doubt it. Looks like plenty of weight sessions coming up.
1637890319135.png

Yikes!
From the AFL web site:

2. Sam Darcy

Disclaimer: I think this is very dated info. I think I read somewhere he's actually around 90kg. I'd be reassured if someone can confirm that though!
93kgs according to a recent article.

I would like to congratulate Arthur Jones on being a Bulldog for less than 24 hours but already reaching the status of 'cult hero'

Whenever he kicks his first AFL goal you just know the crowd is going to go nuts

Dec 2, 2011
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yikes!
From the AFL web site:

2. Sam Darcy

Read somewhere the same. Remember thinking he was just under my weight but I’m only a bit over 6’1”

stefoid

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 8, 2002
home
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
He is going to be an outside player for the first part of his career, thats for sure. I really dont want to see him come into the side as a small forward, Id rather see him developed exclusively thru the midfield in the 2s and come in that way when he is ready.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would Shai Bolton be somewhat similar in attributes?
Pretty good comparison on limited viewing. I don't think Arthur has Shai's overhead ability though

Munnez

Premiership Player
Apr 2, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Pretty good comparison on limited viewing. I don't think Arthur has Shai's overhead ability though
Thanks was trying to come up with a rough comparison so that I could get an idea of how he might go about it. We don't really require another marking option up forward crumbing and pressure is something that wouldn't go astray up front. Absolute bonus if he could add that across time to be a marking option

Thanks was trying to come up with a rough comparison so that I could get an idea of how he might go about it. We don't really require another marking option up forward crumbing and pressure is something that wouldn't go astray up front. Absolute bonus if he could add that across time to be a marking option
He's been a winger though and the combine results suggest he's got outstanding endurance.
We'll probably develop him the way we've done with Hunter - high forward and give him more and more wing time as his career progresses.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back