Welcome to the Bulldogs Arthur Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Here he comes, looking forward to watching Arthur play some electric footy for us. Fits our game perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yep - think he'll be a slow burn but by all accounts an incredibly impressive kid off field and give us genuine pace, run and carry on it.
I'd glue him to Lachie Hunter as that's probably how his career progresses when he's finally ready for AFL - HF transitioning into a permanent wing role as time goes by.

I like the fact he has that sort of Harbrow shimmy to his game too.

Yep - think he'll be a slow burn but by all accounts an incredibly impressive kid off field and give us genuine pace, run and carry on it.
I'd glue him to Lachie Hunter as that's probably how his career progresses when he's finally ready for AFL - HF transitioning into a permanent wing role as time goes by.

I like the fact he has that sort of Harbrow shimmy to his game too.
Yes he looks to have plenty of zippy speed and as you mentioned, that evasive shimmy is something that can't be taught.
Can't wait to see him debut for us. So exciting!

We haven't had zippy wingers in a while. Was hoping Brad Lynch would come on into that role.
Yeah, shame because Lynch could really kick and was popular with the group.
Plus, he wore the marvel jumper to our final against Port last year which should mean he gets granted life membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interview on club website. You can’t help but smile.

Great to hear he is living with Jamarra and forming a close bond already.
Jamarra is bound to be a good influencer… 🤫

Gorgeous bloke, he’ll be a real team lifter.

Last edited:
On Perth radio they reckon he could be a bolter for Round 1.
I guess we'll know more after today's praccy match.
I am excited that we possibly have an x-factor forward to compliment our bigs.

KM

What makes you think he's an "x-factor forward"? Everything I've read about him suggests that he's a natural winger.

What makes you think he's an "x-factor forward"? Everything I've read about him suggests that he's a natural winger.

Good question. I guess I have an image in my mind of where he could fit in the team.
A Charlie Cameron type with speed and skill.

I haven't seen him play, so as I said, will know more after today's game.

KM

Good question. I guess I have an image in my mind of where he could fit in the team.
A Charlie Cameron type with speed and skill.

I haven't seen him play, so as I said, will know more after today's game.

KM

Is your perception of his playing style just based on his race and build? If you want to limit his comparisons to indigenous players then I would have thought that Brad Hill might be the better example.

Is your perception of his playing style just based on his race and build? If you want to limit his comparisons to indigenous players then I would have thought that Brad Hill might be the better example.
Comparisons with other indigenous players is certainly part of it. Body type, speed and skill also.
Regardless I am going to watch him with interest to see where he might fit.
Let's hope he can make an impression wherever he plays.

KM

If you were to compare him to any player genetically, surely the Krakouers are the best to look at, as he is a relation.

His long limbed, lightly framed build is reminiscent of Phil and Andrew who were versatile but probably best as forward flanker types.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back