It’s Flea time - Cody Weightman appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be hard to find a draft prospect more prepared this year than Weightman. As well as his running and strength mentors, he does Pilates and meditation to help switch off, and can be regularly found in ice baths and compression pants refreshing his body.

"He's got a lot to his game now," Lloyd said of Weightman. "He can sit on heads, he can crumb, he uses both sides of his body and we've also seen now he can go into the midfield."

Good stuff.

Out of all the possible picks we could've made he is the one I think will have the biggest immediate impact especially given he plays an area we really lack. May not have as high of a ceiling as others but also nothing wrong with taking a safe pick

After the Clayton years of Jarrad Grant, Tom Williams etc I'm all over safe picks. Although looking at the 2004 draft maybe Tom could have been better than most in the top 20 if not for injuries. Jesse Wells. Forgot about him.

Not sure why, but unlike previous years, this year I've hardly paid any attention to this draft. Usually, I've viewed the videos and data pertaining to all the options within out pick ranges and took careful not of the various opinions on big footy and elsewhere.

So my totally uneducated, uninformed intuitive read of this Cody Wightman should be entirely ignored. That said, I have a good feeling, his very enthusiastic, committed and obsessed like our Bailey Smith. He possess some real talent and if he can increase his body strength sufficiently and retain his burst ability, then his other qualities will elevate him to a very high level.

For a second there I thought someone photoshopped Toby Greene's head in the the thumbnail for the first vid as a bit of a joke lol. I hope he's better than Greene in every way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds a similar player to Dale and Greene. Then we also Dickson and Lloyd. Should mean that we can stop playing slow mids in the forward line.
So is Weightman a threat to players like Wallis and McLean as much as he is to our genuine forwards? Not that McLean is all that slow but he's in a lengthy queue of players looking for more time in the midfield, so he often ends up playing forward instead.

Good to see some forward pressure in that highlight package, it was one concern I had. I won't pretend he was my first choice but I'm definitely not unhappy. Also Aish and Coffield were my first choices so ignore me.

I wonder what made so many teams pass on Kemp.

Sounds a similar player to Dale and Greene. Then we also Dickson and Lloyd. Should mean that we can stop playing slow mids in the forward line.
Very different to dale and greene
Dale is a player that uses his speed to get separation from opponents to take marks and kick goals out the back.
Greene is your genuine 3rd tall
Weightman although marking as if he was a couple inches taller provides forward pressure way more then the other 2.

Good to see some forward pressure in that highlight package, it was one concern I had. I won't pretend he was my first choice but I'm definitely not unhappy. Also Aish and Coffield were my first choices so ignore me.

Maybe his knee was more of a concern then first thought

So is Weightman a threat to players like Wallis and McLean as much as he is to our genuine forwards? Not that McLean is all that slow but he's in a lengthy queue of players looking for more time in the midfield, so he often ends up playing forward instead.
would love to see Mclean move to the wing opposite Hunter. I feel he could fill a massive need for there.

They are working on drafting laws right now that will give you the right to be forgotten on the internet. You can help your situation by not continuing to refer back to those events.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back