1574901730877.png

Really like this shot.

ringa5

CRAZY HORSE
Jun 1, 2009
goldcoast
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Great pick in my eyes.Great list management all round..
Natural forwards not slow resting mids
Is now a proven .
The mids that don't make the 22 this year
Have to understand team balance
And Bont ,Macrae and Dunkley are in the same team.

Now I'm looking specifically for other long-haired draft prospects.

View attachment 786027View attachment 786028

Sam Lowson's hair is an abomination though.
Agree on Sam Lowson. There are some bad ones but this one is a shocker. Do not want.
Fortunately we've just stocked up on small forwards so I'm hoping we've scratched his name off our list.
1574910900128.png

Nickname would have to be wolf spider, eh?

JeavDog7

#1 Wooden Spoon Holder
Aug 10, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Agree on Sam Lowson. There are some bad ones but this one is a shocker. Do not want.
Fortunately we've just stocked up on small forwards so I'm hoping we've scratched his name off our list.
View attachment 786100
Nickname would have to be wolf spider, eh?

Actually wouldn't mind Lowson (minus the hair) as he is a gun small forward (makes competition for spots). Could see him, Weightman and Cavarra battling it out for 1, maybe 2 small forward spots in our line-up (depending on what sort of structure we go for)

So as I said, he wasn't my first choice, but I think it's a good one. Now I've had some time to think on it here's the ups and downs:

UPS
- leap, hands, read of the drop, overall marking
- pace, closing speed
- goal sense, set shots
- aggression and intensity, defensive pressure, second efforts, bounces back up off the deck
- work rate
- character

???
- field kicking
- versatility
- endurance

DOWNS
- tackling
- scope for improvement, lack of upside

Overall quite happy with the pick. Would have loved a punt on Kemp, and I think we've got the list where we can risk it, but of course I'll back the club's decision. I was also getting pretty keen on Bergman but Port sniped us there. Would have been interesting to see who we would have taken had they both been available.

weltschmerz

Brownlow Medallist
May 23, 2019
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know he ran a really good yo-yo test, which isn't everything but does give him a point in the endurance stakes.

TBOW

Premiership Player
Aug 9, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So as I said, he wasn't my first choice, but I think it's a good one. Now I've had some time to think on it here's the ups and downs:

UPS
- leap, hands, read of the drop, overall marking
- pace, closing speed
- goal sense, set shots
- aggression and intensity, defensive pressure, second efforts, bounces back up off the deck
- work rate
- character

???
- field kicking
- versatility
- endurance

DOWNS
- tackling
- scope for improvement, lack of upside

Overall quite happy with the pick. Would have loved a punt on Kemp, and I think we've got the list where we can risk it, but of course I'll back the club's decision. I was also getting pretty keen on Bergman but Port sniped us there. Would have been interesting to see who we would have taken had they both been available.
I know his tackling numbers aren't great but from the very brief vision he at least looks to tackle with intent.
That is to say he tackles to win the ball back rather than lots of stoppage tackles to lock the ball in. And the repeat efforts were very pleasing. I feel like that absolute will to get the ball is something that can't be taught - where field kicking for instance can be.

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hope Young and McAsey aren't to pleased at where they wound up, and are keen to come home ASAP.
From my poor ability at reading body language I'd say mcasey would be a higher chance to come back to Vic. Neither looked to pleased at the time though

paulveed

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2010
traf e
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
liverpool
"Need a barber" ???? what, in-lue of the shearer that many of the Dogs are using at present. Viva those not willing to be caught by herd fashion, and retain some individuality.

paulveed

Club Legend
Jan 3, 2010
traf e
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
liverpool
"Need a barber" ???? what, in-lue of the shearer that many of the Dogs are using at present. Viva those not willing to be caught by herd fashion, and retain some individuality.

Back