It’s Flea time - Cody Weightman appreciation thread

Remove this Banner Ad

“You earn your respect to the players – that is the main thing for me, earning that strong respect from the playing group and earning trust from them because that is going to hold you in good stead for the future.

Last year Bailey Smith became a bit of a fan favourite. I wonder if Cody Weightman will do the same, he seems to have a winning personality and be a lot of fun to watch.

Reckon he'd be a real pain in the arse at times. Wouldn't want to be standing him if I was a defender.

Definitely worth watching him as the year progresses. It won't take long for the commentators to latch on to him, especially for the on-field interviews.

Reckon he'd be a real pain in the arse at times.
The best small forwards are often incredibly punchable types. Milne, Ballantyne, Greene.

The best small forwards are often incredibly punchable types. Milne, Ballantyne, Greene.
Surely there's a PhD thesis in there somewhere? I reckon VU would be happy to sponsor that line of research.

Every recruiting manager would benefit greatly from knowing how strong the correlation is between being a punchable dickhead and being a successful small forward. It would certainly help with the short-listing. (Nice guys need not apply).

[Disclaimer: I was never any good as a small forward.]

Surely there's a PhD thesis in there somewhere? I reckon VU would be happy to sponsor that line of research.

Every recruiting manager would benefit greatly from knowing how strong the correlation is between being a punchable dickhead and being a successful small forward. It would certainly help with the short-listing. (Nice guys need not apply).

[Disclaimer: I was never any good as a small forward.]
Eddie Betts these days and Mark Lecras are two to counter the argument. Jack Higgins seems enthusiastic and energetic to the point of being a complete nuisance so probably meets the punchable benchmark.
By all accounts Orazio Fantasia has burned through three managers already in his short career so he would probably reach the benchmark too.

Jack Higgins seems enthusiastic and energetic to the point of being a complete nuisance so probably meets the punchable benchmark.

Incidentally a good friend of Weightman. That description seems like it could fit him too, good natured but very high energy. Reminds me a bit of what I’ve seen of Sydney Stack. Big difference between “energiser bunny with a sense of humour and no off switch” and the violent thug Greene.

Is this kid progressing well or what? I thought he might feature early with his knack for finding the goals, do you guys have many others of his like, Sam Lloyd springs to mind...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is this kid progressing well or what? I thought he might feature early with his knack for finding the goals, do you guys have many others of his like, Sam Lloyd springs to mind...

Well enough. Solidly behind Lloyd, Dickson, Dale, Wallis and McLean. Then at VFL level he'll be competing with 4 or 5 goal threats to be first off the rack. I reckon he'll be near first in line if a spot opens up but that'll depend on form.

Hopefully get to see him have a run in the next marsh game. Plays a different style to our current smalls

Kid is Gary Ablett junior mark 2. Gonna be better than Jake Stringer was gonna be before he was gonna be the next Gary Ablett Senior.

Not sure we will see a lot from him at senior level this year.
thought he looked a fair way off in the scratch match.
happy with what he has to offer , liked the way he kicked the ball in the warm up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back