Toast Welcome to the Bulldogs Josh Bruce

Remove this Banner Ad

Sucks to see Bruce go but will fit perfectly in your side. Think you guys nailed the trade period. Hopefully Bruce can snag a flag with you guys before King leads us to our inevitable 5 in a row ;)

King’s a pretty special talent. Looking forward to our next match!

And the forward coach can start preparing.
So The 3 have such an understanding they
Will not spoil each other.
It was no coincidence Lynch and Riewoldt
Gelled so well.It was astute forward line coaching.

I think it can work Schache and Naughton have great ground games, good below the knees. Schache leads up the ground a lot and can earn his keep as 2nd ruck.

On paper it looks good but we need Schache to run his guts out to make it work. He’s capable, but he needs a good ground level game and to put genuine pressure on. Some games he did it this year and others not so much.

Would be great to see all three kick 35+ goals.

Agree, absolutely. He's got the leading game and uses his height well on the lead. He's a good handler of the ball, alert with the handball. Great kick, especially at goal. He's proved he's got the stamina to go all game. Why not a 2m half forward when he moves as good as most of them and can also play 2nd ruck (that's worth a lot in terms of team balance)?

But he does need to get down and dirty a bit more. Lock the ball in, chase and tackle. Was showing signs last season.

Agree, absolutely. He's got the leading game and uses his height well on the lead. He's a good handler of the ball, alert with the handball. Great kick, especially at goal. He's proved he's got the stamina to go all game. Why not a 2m half forward when he moves as good as most of them and can also play 2nd ruck (that's worth a lot in terms of team balance)?

But he does need to get down and dirty a bit more. Lock the ball in, chase and tackle. Was showing signs last season.
He’s certainly fit but maybe another tough preseason will help his consistency.

Exciting for us if it works.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Saints list has improved
Yes, but at the cost of all their good picks in the next two drafts. They're going to need some big improvement from the blokes already on their list or it could look ugly two years from now.

I think it can work Schache and Naughton have great ground games, good below the knees. Schache leads up the ground a lot and can earn his keep as 2nd ruck.
Lloyd on the other flank, Dale deep.

Two spots to rotate through. Need someone quick in one of those spots.

On paper it looks good but we need Schache to run his guts out to make it work. He’s capable, but he needs a good ground level game and to put genuine pressure on. Some games he did it this year and others not so much.
Schache regularly leads out team in kms covered per game. He's no KPP but as a hard running leading type (and offers a get-out release kick from defence or defensive wing) he has a future. Splits the defenders too as you need someone tall to play on him.

Yes, but at the cost of all their good picks in the next two drafts. They're going to need some big improvement from the blokes already on their list or it could look ugly two years from now.

Generally I thought it was a good idea to make the eight or even the top four before loading up (if you can call it that).

Much rather be us and I have no doubt Bruce will give us four or five great years.

Schache regularly leads out team in kms covered per game. He's no KPP but as a hard running leading type (and offers a get-out release kick from defence or defensive wing) he has a future. Splits the defenders too as you need someone tall to play on him.
I don’t doubt his running numbers, which I know are excellent, but some games he’s around the ball and getting involved and sometimes less so.

If the three are to be in the same side he’ll need to make that running count for a bit more in some games. Frankly I think Naughton does more defensively than Schache.

That said I think it could work very well. Adelaide’s 2017 setup with Walker and Jenkins inside 50 with Lynch running up and back was very effective.

?? Yeh we traded out of this years draft but only traded our future 2nd next year. Think we have multiple 3rd & 4th round picks which might come in handy for teams needing points for academy players which apparently there is a heap next year.

?? Yeh we traded out of this years draft but only traded our future 2nd next year. Think we have multiple 3rd & 4th round picks which might come in handy for teams needing points for academy players which apparently there is a heap next year.
Also traded your future third and fourth from memory (according to https://www.afl.com.au/news/2019-10-16/trade-period-ranked-from-worst-to-best-whos-in-out-draft-hand.) Have Port and Sydney's future fourth picks, so kind of offsets that a tough, depending how those teams go.
So this year your first pick will be around 50 and then after next year's first, you won't pick again until the 60s at least, unless you trade more picks in at the expense of 2021 picks or trading out players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back