News Welcome to the Bulldogs Josh Schache

Will Josh Schache play R1?

• Yes

Votes: 42 48.8%
  • No

Votes: 44 51.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed, because it's clearly more applicable to key defenders. Being a key defender in modern footy with zoning off, pressing, reading the play and intercepting is a lot different to the TAC Cup density rule where you just stick to your opponent.

The act of marking the footy, leading in space and kicking goals is pretty much the same with or without the density rule.
If defenders are able to do different things, forwards are forced to do different things too.

If a forward kicks 60 goals in any given year in modern footy that generally places them as a top 5 goalkicker in the league.

From what I've seen so far I don't believe Schache has the athletic ability to be one of those guys.

I get the whole age to age comparison thing, but he hasn't shown linear improvement in anything from an eye test perspective.

I'd love to be wrong.
Kennedy isn't a great athlete. Very good lead and mark player and one of the best one dimensional forwards I've seen.

Schache has more upside athletically, ability not sure but Id take a poor mans Josh Kennedy with him given what we've given up.

If at best Schache develops into a 40-50 goal a year forward then that's a massive win for us.

According to intellectual football media midget Ralph in the Murdoch press today Schache,out of all players changing clubs will be 25th in impact for his new club.

According to intellectual football media midget Ralph in the Murdoch press today Schache,out of all players changing clubs will be 25th in impact for his new club.

Is that the Richmond flunkie? Figures.

He's really gunning to take over that stupid top 100 list they do every year isn't he

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lets forget the fact that he went pick 2, we didn't draft him there, Brisbane did.
Look at someone like Ben Brown, drafted at 21yo kicked 18 goals from 11 games in his first year, since then 32, 41 and 63 goals per year. Steady improvement.
Hopefully he doesnt waste his second chance at the Dogs.

I've heard Bevo refer to Schache twice in recent days as a "foal". That's all arms and legs and a lack of strength. Says (my interpretation) we'll be waiting 2 years till he gets to the point where he's capable of week in week out consistent performances. Doesn't mean he won't be any good but we'll have to wait. I'm alright with it.

I've heard Bevo refer to Schache twice in recent days as a "foal". That's all arms and legs and a lack of strength. Says (my interpretation) we'll be waiting 2 years till he gets to the point where he's capable of week in week out consistent performances. Doesn't mean he won't be any good but we'll have to wait. I'm alright with it.
Best part is that we dont need to rush his development like the older days

Best part is that we dont need to rush his development like the older days
No we don't. The more you look at it the more you can see the player management aspect of the club. There seems to be a strength/resolve to it where outside noise/speculation is not going to force their hand into going too early on some players. It's going to be very beneficial down the track for those players effectiveness and longevity.

No we don't. The more you look at it the more you can see the player management aspect of the club. There seems to be a strength/resolve to it where outside noise/speculation is not going to force their hand into going too early on some players. It's going to be very beneficial down the track for those players effectiveness and longevity.
Allows players to develop mentally as well, in a great working environment of support and understanding

Let's hope that, once he's matured, we're left with a stud and not a (night)mare.

Back