Don't look at me like that
Dec 3, 2009
Brisbane
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray Bulldogs, Williamstown

(yes, scrag was right. be very afraid)

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have provided Lachlan Bramble with a second chance, signing the delisted Hawk after the pre-season supplemental selection period (SSP) opened on Monday.

The 25-year-old has started training with Luke Beveridge’s squad, with the main group reporting back for pre-season training a week after the club's first to fourth-year players.

Bramble played 30 games across three seasons at Waverley Park, including 11 appearances in 2023, after being signed by the Hawks via the SSP at the start of 2021.

The Sunbury product found himself in and out of Sam Mitchell’s side this year, starring at VFL level where he averaged 24.5 disposal across 13 games at Box Hill, but wasn't offered another contract.

Bramble had attracted rival interest across the past 18 months, but didn't nominate for the National or Rookie Drafts to pave the way to the Whitten Oval.

Former Melbourne wingman Oskar Baker secured a second chance with the Bulldogs this time last year when the club signed him when the SSP opened in December.

The 25-year-old played 18 games at AFL level this year, earning a two-year contract extension by July.

The Dogs’ first to fourth-year players returned to training last Monday to start preparations for 2024, with the full squad now back on deck, following an off-season of change in Footscray.

Last edited:

Good get by Scrag, no mention of this elsewhere in the media.

Happy enough as another depth option (will likely play a lot of games as we don’t tend to pick mature agers up unless they do)

Is he another wing option to add to the pile of C graders we’re putting together or is he definitely a small defender? Can’t say I know too much about him but believe he’s played both positions

Good get by Scrag, no mention of this elsewhere in the media.

Happy enough as another depth option (will likely play a lot of games as we don’t tend to pick mature agers up unless they do)

Is he another wing option to add to the pile of C graders we’re putting together or is he definitely a small defender? Can’t say I know too much about him but believe he’s played both positions
Much better off half back

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much better off half back
Have to disagree there, he was much better up on a wing for us. Doesn't defend overly well but when he is on he's a decent AFL level player. His disposal suffered a fair bit when he played off half back for us but when he had a bit more time and space up the field he was reliable.

Like the bloke and hope he goes well with you guys

We've gone from having Hunter as our only pure wing and Roake plugging the gap (did well in the 2021 finals I must add) to having 4-5 options now. All in the space of two years.

If we have wing in mind (the press release said utility mid/def so I guess we’ll try both) man we have a lot of C grade wing options, almost too many 😂

We should have a showdown over preseason for the best two but once we’ve settled on 2 I hope we give them a proper chance at AFL level to make the position their own and don’t fall into the typical bulldogs trap of cycling these guys week to week expecting them to find their feet…

I still wouldn’t be surprised if Freijah is first/2nd choice by end of the season

I wouldn't mind seeing Bramble trialled at half forward. Great pick up as depth in all thirds of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back