Welcome to the Bulldogs Riley Garcia

Remove this Banner Ad

Can you tell us more about Garcia?

Really skilled player and hard at it. Queries pre draft were his size and then obviously his knee when he went down.

I really rate him though and think you’ve got a good player if you put the time into him. Will be watching his career closely!
Pretty much covered it above. He's not big bodied but I rate his skills and he loves a goal. Won't shirk a contest in spite of his size. I believe he's really matured a lot after entering the system, even in a short space of time. This is really good reward for hard work.

His kicking is certainly a weakness, he pretty much admitted it in an interview. I think he'll be ok if he keeps it simple though, his short kicking looks fine. Has nice acceleration to get out of contested situations and just loves to compete. He's got pretty quick hands, so should fit in well to our side. He loves to tackle as well.

I like what I've seen. He deserves his opportunity.

His kicking is certainly a weakness, he pretty much admitted it in an interview. I think he'll be ok if he keeps it simple though, his short kicking looks fine. Has nice acceleration to get out of contested situations and just loves to compete. He's got pretty quick hands, so should fit in well to our side. He loves to tackle as well.

I like what I've seen. He deserves his opportunity.

yes, does remind me of dal in that respect - the speed to break into the open but his kicking action is not suited to kicking on the run.

Those dinky pop kicks are workable if they are to space rather than a target I guess.

yes, does remind me of dal in that respect - the speed to break into the open but his kicking action is not suited to kicking on the run.

Those dinky pop kicks are workable if they are to space rather than a target I guess.

so he kicks like Dahl. Could be worse...at least he's not being compared to Cordy.

Pretty much covered it above. He's not big bodied but I rate his skills and he loves a goal. Won't shirk a contest in spite of his size. I believe he's really matured a lot after entering the system, even in a short space of time. This is really good reward for hard work.

Thanks. Cant wait for his debut.

I read somewhere that he would have gone a lot higher in the draft if it wasn't for his knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's too bad that Riley won't have thousands of us Doggies supporters there to cheer him on. I hope he knows that all 45000+ of us members will be there in spirit.

So now we have Libba, Bont and Garcia in the team, bit of a throwback to the Libba, Dimma and Romero days?

Hope he goes well, just goes to show how much depth we have when we can be debuting young guns at this point in the season.

Made for finals footy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

This guy and Weightman have been real highlights for me this year. Garcia is as hard at it as I've seen, a real wrecking ball. I honestly thought to myself a few times that he's gone so hard in a tackle that he's been close to knocking himself out or breaking his jaw.

The great thing is that both he and Flea go equally as hard at the ball when its in dispute.

This guy and Weightman have been real highlights for me this year. Garcia is as hard at it as I've seen, a real wrecking ball. I honestly thought to myself a few times that he's gone so hard in a tackle that he's been close to knocking himself out or breaking his jaw.

The great thing is that both he and Flea go equally as hard at the ball when its in dispute.

Very Clay Smith vibes with Garcia.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Geez it's good to have someone with burst speed that is genuinely tough. Kid is very strong in the hips from what I've seen from his runs through the middle in the VFL and he's certainly looking at home under AFL pressure in the seniors.

His kicking has surprised me at AFL level, I was seriously worried about it whilst watching him at VFL level but as ugly as it looks I think he’s been decent if not probably even good, off both feet. Everything else in his game I just love, very quickly becoming one of my favs

Remove this Banner Ad

Back