Welcome to the Bulldogs Sam Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Dave was the best dropkick exponent I've seen, well, recall seeing. Dave Darcy's went forever from halfback, no follow through, just power off the toe of those old boots.

When SEN first kicked off, I recall being told that the Station would like listeners, me and the other bloke, to call in to assist. I called in to Luke and I asked him about Dave's lack of follow through. Luke replied that in those days, distance was important and that the modern boot was not designed for the drop kick. It was the way he called Dave Dad that reminded me that these blokes are human. I'm looking forward to watching the 3rd generation of Sunshine boys playing for the 'Dogs.
This sounds like it was written with GPT-3! If not, I'm seriously impressed with your writing skills here.

Unless Darcy is as agile as Darcy Moore..

Unless Darcy is as agile as Darcy Moore..
He’s definitely agile, think he lumbers a bit off the mark though, as to be expected for a 207cm bloke. Don’t think he has Moores speed off the mark or closing speed. Which IMO suits more forward - if you’re slow off the mark in defence you get burnt, if you’re slow on the mark in the forward line your defender still has to get around your 207cm frame and if it’s to his advantage they have no hope, that’s why I think he’ll be a forward IMO

He’s still very much growing, which is scary. 207.5cm at 18, with the potential to continue to add to that in the next 3 years. He’s very wide across the shoulders, too. Mackay like frame with another 3 inches. Get that out of your head, I dare ya.

He’s still very much growing, which is scary. 207.5cm at 18, with the potential to continue to add to that in the next 3 years. He’s very wide across the shoulders, too. Mackay like frame with another 3 inches. Get that out of your head, I dare ya.
Let’s by-pass the forward or back question and play the man on the wing?

I won't claim to be an expert here so someone feel free to correct me, but from my limited viewing of him, he seemed very agile and able to get seperation from his defender in bursts, but didn't necessarily have high top end speed. To be honest, that part doesn't matter so much as it's not as important when on the lead. The more exciting part is his ball handling skills are insanely good - great, clean and quick hands, and a beautiful field kick / set shot.
Thanks. Fwd/ruck combo then

I was lucky enough to speak to a Dog's board member. The club has big wraps on Sam's brother. He's already looking a scary prospect in a few years.

I was lucky enough to speak to a Dog's board member. The club has big wraps on Sam's brother. He's already looking a scary prospect in a few years.
Dave Darcy, your classic "gift that keeps on giving". That should be/have been on his Headstone. Does the lad have a name ?

I enjoy the logic of quoting one person and responding on the basis of what a different person said. Super clear for all of us fools.

Your words, sport, nobody on this board, with one possible exception, gets "fool" status. Do you really not understand how exchanges of communications work ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dave Darcy, your classic "gift that keeps on giving". That should be/have been on his Headstone. Does the lad have a name ?
Max Darcy.

The youngest Darcy Willson is meant to be a good junior so far as well.

Have only heard good things about David Darcy. Was meant to be a big drop kick, but so am I.

Your words, sport, nobody on this board, with one possible exception, gets "fool" status. Do you really not understand how exchanges of communications work ?
Who are you talking to here? I know you quoted me but maybe you’re responding to something 5 posts above me. Help me out.

How many minutes did he play and what was his main position during his minutes?

He seemed to play for a decent chunk of the match, definitely more tha half. Spent more time in the back line but also a bit of time up in the goal square. Took a couple of good marks and almost stuck a few others.

He seemed to play for a decent chunk of the match, definitely more tha half. Spent more time in the back line but also a bit of time up in the goal square. Took a couple of good marks and almost stuck a few others.
Thanks Bruv

He’s definitely agile, think he lumbers a bit off the mark though, as to be expected for a 207cm bloke. Don’t think he has Moores speed off the mark or closing speed. Which IMO suits more forward - if you’re slow off the mark in defence you get burnt, if you’re slow on the mark in the forward line your defender still has to get around your 207cm frame and if it’s to his advantage they have no hope, that’s why I think he’ll be a forward IMO
Moore isn’t all that quick, just smart and zones off ahead of a fwd to read the aerial ball/intercept at half back. He wouldn’t go with many on the lead.

If Sam has a similar footy brain, then it’s probably a decent role for him.

Moore isn’t all that quick, just smart and zones off ahead of a fwd to read the aerial ball/intercept at half back. He wouldn’t go with many on the lead.

If Sam has a similar footy brain, then it’s probably a decent role for him.

Darcy Moore has fantastic speed. That’s like his biggest asset.

Hilarious how we are the only club not to disclose that data. Classic Bevo.

Darcy Moore has fantastic speed. That’s like his biggest asset.

Hilarious how we are the only club not to disclose that data. Classic Bevo.
That’s like what 5-6 years ago? Not saying it’s all wrong, but there’s at least a few suspect names on there.

I wouldn’t have ever thought speed was his greatest asset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back