Toast Welcome to the Club Aaron Naughty Naughton

Remove this Banner Ad

I consider myself a reasonably loose unit but I want to know what you were doing at 10:23am in order to write that message.
Haha. As I previously mentioned a few posts later, the keyboard on my laptop is curtains.

Champion Data comparing him to Lachie Henderson, Jermey McGovern, Nick Haynes and Ben Reid
Considering all four of them are completely, utterly different players, I have no idea what they're expecting us to garner from that assessment

I know i may have knocked your disposal calling your kicking
suspect and your handball American combine standard, but
i did say you had elite attributes. Now you have pulled on
the red, white and blue all your flaws melt away into a sea
of elite. Welcome and use ample sunscreen.:thumbsu:

He's proven himself both at senior WAFL level and the U/18 champs. If it was just one or the other, I'd be doubtful, but I don't think this will be a bust pick with the evidence we have on hand.

Considering all four of them are completely, utterly different players, I have no idea what they're expecting us to garner from that assessment
Ben Reid is the only outlier of the four being more of a one on one type

The other three are excellent intercept types

My post last week

With our bad list management and the overabundance of talls.l would throw Naughton forward for the rest of the season.For His education .Chance he may lose some confidence with our crap forward line caaching.But could help his defense work going forward. .

Not 1 like lots of detractors.
Best KPF game of the season l say

My post last week

With our bad list management and the overabundance of talls.l would throw Naughton forward for the rest of the season.For His education .Chance he may lose some confidence with our crap forward line caaching.But could help his defense work going forward. .

Not 1 like lots of detractors.
Best KPF game of the season l say

You didn’t exactly predict how well he’d go. Infact, saying he’d lose confidence suggests you thought he wouldn’t go well at all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought he was good. I put some $ earlier on in the year for RS.... maybe popping up and scoring a few goals every week for the rest of the season could do wonders for his chances but more importantly (and selfishly) give me a great win $$$

Its a tricky one. Id say play him forward only if we have long terms plans for him to play forward, because he'll get plenty of 'education' playing back for us this year...

I can see how Bevo's flexibility plan can work really well in future. Boyd getting better as a ruck, Cordy/Naughton/Adams forward or back really good. Schache/English can play CHF Ruck or play on a wing. Gives so much scope in a game to disrupt and surprise opposition. Sheedy like.

Thoughts on where we play him in the future??

Thought his leading patterns were pretty good and his goal kicking looked sound as well.

Take into consideration our huge abundance of KPDs the high number of games we have gone smaller and picked 2 KPDs only, I would love to see him developed as a tall forward.

Dale Morris also doesn’t like the slightest bit finished at all. Would love Naught forward to play with Schache.

Thoughts on where we play him in the future??

Thought his leading patterns were pretty good and his goal kicking looked sound as well.

Take into consideration our huge abundance of KPDs the high number of games we have gone smaller and picked 2 KPDs only, I would love to see him developed as a tall forward.

Dale Morris also doesn’t like the slightest bit finished at all. Would love Naught forward to play with Schache.
The fact we have Cordy, Young and Adams (please stay healthy) and Morris and Trengove currently as our KPD’s give us the flexibility to keep him there. I’ve never seen an 18 year old KPD dominate like he was in defense. But the fact on the weekend he flashed brilliance as a potential KPF. A position we’ve been starved of since a Barry Hall cameo at 35 and before that a legend in Chris Grant.
Is just is just too much to pass up.

That massive pack mark that he took reminded me so much of Mitch McGovern from Adelaide. And in my opinion that’s an attribute that just can’t be taught. And he’s done that a few times in defense as well this year. Proving that it wasn’t just a fluke mark.

I think his potential as a forward is sky high. He has really good pace and a monster leap. And just reads the play like a 10 year veteran. Similar to Tom McDonald. And the fact he produced that against a quality and experienced Key position backline in his first ever career AFL game up forward in his first week back from injury is even more pleasing.
A lethal key forward is more valuable than a lethal Key backmen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back