Toast Welcome to the Club Aaron Naughty Naughton

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know why people are complaining. This guy has the potential to be our number one defender in a few years. Naughton, Trengrove, Young and Adams are our tall defenders. Young is still developing, but can see him being more of our swing man off the bench between the back and forward lines. Collins, Cordy, Williams, Wood etc. Are more in the mediums range, and Morris will be retired. Almost all championship winning teams have good depth. Trengrove is good but not a star, Adams strong but injury prone. Naughton will likely be our most versatile defender. Ones who can intercept the ball, defend both tall and smaller players, and also set up the attack don't grow on trees. In an age where speed and mobility are big assets on the field, he will be the most mobile defender on our list

Why are his shoulders so crooked in all the photos? Looks like mum and dad have left him at home alone one too many times if you get my drift. Dogs sports scientists are going to need to rectify that very quickly. Chronic injury waiting to happen.

How’s the guns he already has..

4e250c8b846eb2dd3278206984439abd.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Wasn't he listed at 84kg? That's still very light for someone whos 6'4. Interesting that he has a set of pipes this big already.

The fact that Naughton has played football 7 senior games already for Peel Thunder as a 17 year old is evidence of his character and talent. He averaged 7 marks a game which is outstanding for his age. I saw him play one game while I was in Perth to visit a friend, and Naughton is all class and it is scary to think how good he could be in about 3/4 years time. At one stage he turned around and backed into a pack and crashed into about 3/4 players. He was the only one that stayed on his feet and ended up running away with the ball. I looked at the program to see who he was and found out he was only 17.
He will play senior football early next year and dogs fans will salivate when they start realising how much of a talent he is.

The keyboard on my laptop is ruined. I can't explain it. I can't type any vowels into my address bar. My backspace and delete keys no longer work. I can't copy and paste. On one forum I can type entire letters and characters, on Facebook it's a bit worse, and on BF, well... you have seen an example of what that's like.

Anyway, looks like I have to post on BF using my phone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The keyboard on my laptop is ruined. I can't explain it. I can't type any vowels into my address bar. My backspace and delete keys no longer work. I can't copy and paste. On one forum I can type entire letters and characters, on Facebook it's a bit worse, and on BF, well... you have seen an example of what that's like.

Anyway, looks like I have to post on BF using my phone.

Really sorry about your keyboard but your post is WAY off topic.

Ts w e one of te treads oe oo ac on n ears to ocoe and tn wtf were we tnng wt te crtcs.s
"This is one of those threads we will look back on in years to come and think wtf were we thinking with the criticism"

Am I close?

Is this like one of those quirky tests where you can jumble up all the letters and people can still read the sentence?

"It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."

Is this like one of those quirky tests where you can jumble up all the letters and people can still read the sentence?

"It deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe."
iprmoatnt

After a few days of thinking this was a boring pick I now think it's pretty exciting that we've got a KPD that's played senior footy and can both read and intercept as well as rebound, has elite endurance and can kick! He used his opposite a fair bit at the champs I'm now realising and at least at the time it wasn't very good but he looks pretty solid on the left. Already think he's more advanced than Lewis Young who looked pretty good last season as the youngest player in the comp. Naughton should be able to provide more at a similar age and can therefore have his development fast tracked. Wouldn't be surprised at all to see him playing early in the season.

Worthy to consider how bad WA were expected to be at the champs and they managed to win 3 games due to the work of Naughton and Taylor intercepting and rebounding, as well as some class from Ian Hill. I think that it shows the sort of impact players like Naughton can have on games and generating scoring opportunities as well as forcing direct turnovers by reading and intercepting. If it all translates to AFL (no reason to believe otherwise at this stage) then definitely worthy of a top 10 pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back