Toast Welcome to the club Ed "Red" Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

I went and looked through the Collingwood draft thread and as suspected they were pretty pissed that we got their man. Some of them seem deluded into thinking he will request a trade to them once his two years is up :rolleyes:

FWIW they also believe their own clubs propaganda that they were thinking of taking Murphy at 6. They refuse to believe there might be a reason he slid and think they got two top ten picks :D
Pretty standard reaction. We'd have said the same.

In fact I think Billy Gowers was 9th on our list ...

If Dal ever pulls a hamstring and you need a stand in, I will do it !
After doing the extensive research , ( 2 minute highlight packages :cool: ) I wanted Richards and then wanted to rookie Gowers.
2 out of 4 not bad.
Obviously Dal reads my posts ;)

PS - Wish he had of asked me before pulling the trigger on a slow , ginger nutted left footer from SA :eek:

If Dal ever pulls a hamstring and you need a stand in, I will do it !
After doing the extensive research , ( 2 minute highlight packages :cool: ) I wanted Richards and then wanted to rookie Gowers.
2 out of 4 not bad.
Obviously Dal reads my posts ;)

PS - Wish he had of asked me before pulling the trigger on a slow , ginger nutted left footer from SA :eek:
Looking forward to your 2018 phantom draft, KH.

I went and looked through the Collingwood draft thread and as suspected they were pretty pissed that we got their man. Some of them seem deluded into thinking he will request a trade to them once his two years is up :rolleyes:

FWIW they also believe their own clubs propaganda that they were thinking of taking Murphy at 6. They refuse to believe there might be a reason he slid and think they got two top ten picks :D

They seem to forget Ed said in his own words that the magpies barely showed any interest in him. Doubt he will be quick to chase a club that didn't give a damn. He will be a career player at the Bulldogs whether they think different or not, sorry Magpie fans :)

As for Murphy, yeah every club passed on him a couple of times. Wouldn't be the case if he was a "top 10 talent", they are getting a bit carried away with themselves haha

He definitely suits the red, white and blue.

cd441f86d6c8e55d87a88840221ad41f.jpg

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Will rotate through the midfield when fully developed.
I doubt there was a player in the draft that has "Dal special" written all over him more than Richards. Style of play + rapid improvement + birthday + football pedigree + rapid improvement late in the year.

Big call, but the way Ed Richards moves and precision kicks reminds me of a young left footed Bob Murphy

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Big call, but the way Ed Richards moves and precision kicks reminds me of a young left footed Bob Murphy
Definitely some similarities there. The moment in maybe the third quarter (guessing) where he stepped left and split three opponents without slowing down was very Bob.

What an absolute jet. Not the most skilful but he’s just a natural footballer! Kid will play 200 games.

The unfortunate byproduct of this kid dominating for the next decade is going to be Eddie Maguire not shutting up.
Simply awful in the Fox Footy interview tonight. Entire intro and wrap up was about Collingwood and then when Roos left him out of the votes Eddie called him anti-Collingwood (jokingly obviously - but enough already!).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back