Mod. Notice Welcome to the Giants Player Watch Sub-board!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2011
Wollongong
AFL Club
GWS
Welcome to the Giants Player Watch!

Firstly Please note - normal GWS Giants Board Rules apply.

Secondly, this sub board contains a thread for every GWS listed player, including Rookies.

Mods will open a thread for each player with a basic starting point of

jumper number - player name, picture and some basic stats

eg

#13 - Sam Darley

The opening post should include draft details, personal profile, honours including games played and achievements etc

We can add to / play with / but ultimately standardise this format as we go.

Please post suggestions here as to the format of the threads.

Hey was wondering if you were going to include past players eg McDonald, power, Clifton, izzy etc. Would be a great way to record our player history and the history of jumper numbers

Giant Strides Determinant Callums_Guns

We seem to have a lack of activity on these individual player threads. What do you think about moving the threads to the main GWS board rather than in the sub-forum? I feel like it will drive more attention and activity into the threads, and for us to have more discussions on individual performances, accolades and milestones. Thoughts?

Giant Strides Determinant Callums_Guns

We seem to have a lack of activity on these individual player threads. What do you think about moving the threads to the main GWS board rather than in the sub-forum? I feel like it will drive more attention and activity into the threads, and for us to have more discussions on individual performances, accolades and milestones. Thoughts?
For me, the risk is that they'll get even less visibility as they drop away from sight throughout the season. Especially the lesser lights. At least in the sub-forum they are grouped in one place and easily enough found when looking for them.

I've been adding to them when a player has a significant milestone, KSM results or significant media story ... although I'll admit it can be a bit hit & miss depending on whether I recognise that I need to do so!

We previously did a bit of a draft selection & assigned players out to posters ... given our numbers, it was often that each poster had 2 or 3 ... some only had 1 so others took 4 or 5. We still didn't get too much added to them. The alternative to bringing them out of the sub-forum is to do that again. Or just make a wider appeal to posters to add interesting snippets to individual players when they see them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back