Welcome to the Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I keep hearing Fagan talk about getting the 144 AFL Games done .....now, by my calculations that means another 8 rounds of footy ???

Has it been announced how many rounds there'll be this season .....or hope to get ?
No, they're correct. Using the "n choose r" formula, total = n!/((n-r)!r!) with n = 18 and r = 2 (^), total is {18x17x16x15x...}/{(16x15x...)x(2x1)}=153 and we've already played 9 games.

(^) for each team to play every other team once

Last edited:
I keep hearing Fagan talk about getting the 144 AFL Games done .....now, by my calculations that means another 8 rounds of footy ???

Has it been announced how many rounds there'll be this season .....or hope to get ?
They'll figure that out after they've deciphered yesterday's press conference questions from Tom Browne.

144 / 9 = 16 .. 1 round has already been played

No, they're correct. Using the "n choose r" formula, total = n!/((n-r)!r!) with n = 18 and r = 2 (^), total is {18x17x16x15x...}/{(16x15x...)x(2x1)}=153 and we've already played 9 games.

Yes ...I can see where I went wrong ....it was quite simple after looking at your calculations

calculation .jpeg

So all 4 clubs are staying there?? Party time for the boys!

Royal Pines and I think he means Mercure Resort are two different venues...........whilst Meadow Springs is in West. Australia

I believe Port and the Crows are at Mercure and Freo and Eagles are at Royal Pines....

Last edited:

18X17 - 9

Simples.

But I like your calculations better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Give this man a box of Cuban cigars. In fact give him a container ship full of them.

How refreshing to here this. If only the other state leaders and non Vic clubs Chairmen/Presidents had the backbone this man has.

He stands out from the rest of the butt kissing whimps who continually accept the vic centric rubbish the AFL dishes out to non vic clubs.

I heard Bradshaw on vfl mmm this morning while driving to shops giving it to the premier completely belittling him and then had the gall to ask Simpson what he thought. He laughed and said I’m not here to talk politics

what he should have said was we haven’t got any time for you Soft biased victorians

he could have then asked him how their no of cases were going

they then asked the afl guy doing the fixture are Some of Gold Coast games home games as allocated home games

he didn’t give a definitive answer

Remove this Banner Ad

Back