Welcome to the Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I laughed at the absurdity, they get on a plane, not knowing when they can get back to South Australia. Hoping that whenenever the season is finished, we've relaxed our border restrictions, hope that the virus is non existanr in queen'sland, so they can return.

You wouldn't want something to happen to a family member of yours or a child. You're stuck being a jock on the gold Coast playing in empty stadiums.

Cheeky Tex.

Bet he'll give a response from Kornes, who it had nothing to do with.

I heard Pilko mention that on the radio this afternoon, and was "Okaaaay". Koch really is pathetic. How big is that chip on Port Power's shoulder?

Quote: "
“We have enormous respect for the team, for the Crows, absolutely enormous respect, but just don’t like you. We’re so different. Why should we have to spend eight weeks in the same hotel? So we’ve requested to the AFL – why don’t you put us with one of the Western Australian teams…

“We’re so different. We eat Balfour’s meat pies and you eat quiche… and you guys drink chardonnay. Great respect, but nup. You’re not our type of people…”
"
You would be happy to pay $150 ahead at a gala function and get a pie and a beer, yeh sure Cocky

Pretty funny Koch and Hinkley whingeing about staying at the same hotel. Tbh the financial state that s**t hole of a club is in they should be staying at the local caravan park. Koch has a real big mouth for an irrelevant club.
This is a good point. Why are they choosing to stay at such a posh hotel/complex when they're such a down to earth workers' club? Someone should bring that up in the next interview with Koch.

Pretty funny Koch and Hinkley whingeing about staying at the same hotel. Tbh the financial state that s**t hole of a club is in they should be staying at the local caravan park. Koch has a real big mouth for an irrelevant club.
Just goes to show how out of touch both are, once you throw that pigskin in front of footballers and coaches alike sane men become insane for two hours, you would think they are rooming together, Kochie is an Eddie wannabe

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask why Port think that IF a showdown was to be held this season, it should be their home game? Kenny seems pretty certain it will be, but we have equal rights to host and I hope we are pointing that out very loudly.
Yes I know Port want to use it to pump up their 150,000th year, but I don't give a sh!t about that. They made it clear they don't like us, so why should we let them have it? Bugger them. Their home game was cancelled, lets move on to our home game...

Meanwhile, I'd like to ask why Port think that IF a showdown was to be held this season, it should be their home game? Kenny seems pretty certain it will be, but we have equal rights to host and I hope we are pointing that out very loudly.
Yes I know Port want to use it to pump up their 150,000th year, but I don't give a sh!t about that. They made it clear they don't like us, so why should we let them have it? Bugger them. Their home game was cancelled, lets move on to our home game...
Because no one will be there, business as usual

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I heard Pilko mention that on the radio this afternoon, and was "Okaaaay". Koch really is pathetic. How big is that chip on Port Power's shoulder?

Quote: "
“We have enormous respect for the team, for the Crows, absolutely enormous respect, but just don’t like you. We’re so different. Why should we have to spend eight weeks in the same hotel? So we’ve requested to the AFL – why don’t you put us with one of the Western Australian teams…

“We’re so different. We eat Balfour’s meat pies and you eat quiche… and you guys drink chardonnay. Great respect, but nup. You’re not our type of people…”
"
The crazy thing is Port supporters have not realized that was more of an Insult to them than to the Crows,
He was in affect saying that Port Adelaide Supporter come from a lower socioeconomic area than the Crows.

I can see a fixturing challenge here. There are 6 teams in Qld, and I think the idea is that they play each other = 5 games. But Port and the Suns played in R1, so assuming they're not going to double up, that leaves those teams 1 game short. If the Showdown is postponed so it can be played at AO, then Port are 2 games short (and the Crows, 1 game short).

If the Showdown is postponed, and then played at AO, whose home game is it? How do they deal with members / season ticket holders? Or will it be a lockout - in which case, why not just play it in Qld and be done with it (I guess they're hoping that by the time it comes to that, crowds will be allowed, but...)

I'm sure the AFL and the clubs have recognised this situation, it'll be interesting to see when the first part of the fixture is released how they deal with it.

I don't know if anyone else feels the same, but having this extended break seems to have yielded a surprisingly positive benefit for me. I have absolutely zero carefactor about Kochy's latest antics. TBH, i'm not even that fussed about the latest crap Cornes or Manure are babbling about, or playing in the QLD hubs, or the training breach either. I literally couldn't care less!

This must be what non obsessed fans feel like all the time... Its actually kinda nice...

EDIT: It won't last

I don't know if anyone else feels the same, but having this extended break seems to have yielded a surprisingly positive benefit for me. I have absolutely zero carefactor about Kochy's latest antics. TBH, i'm not even that fussed about the latest crap Cornes or Manure are babbling about, or playing in the QLD hubs, or the training breach either. I literally couldn't care less!

This must be what non obsessed fans feel like all the time... Its actually kinda nice...

EDIT: It won't last
I’m not sure it’s because I have so much more time on my hands that I’ve had time to read and listen to people discuss different aspects of football eg media there are so many flogs it becomes draining

I’m not sure it’s because I have so much more time on my hands that I’ve had time to read and listen to people discuss different aspects of football eg media there are so many flogs it becomes draining
To be honest, the day the AFL stopped is the day I stopped actively looking for content. If it came across my screen I wouldn't ignore it, but I just stopped digging for it.

Then the less I clicked, the less clickbait came looking for me. And the good news is, I really haven't missed it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. And those Journo's who used to anger me so much, have been exposed as the sad dancing monkey's that they really are.

Turns out Lisa Simpson was right all along...

To be honest, the day the AFL stopped is the day I stopped actively looking for content. If it came across my screen I wouldn't ignore it, but I just stopped digging for it.

Then the less I clicked, the less clickbait came looking for me. And the good news is, I really haven't missed it anywhere near as much as I thought I would. And those Journo's who used to anger me so much, have been exposed as the sad dancing monkey's that they really are.

Turns out Lisa Simpson was right all along...

I'm a bit the same, I'm sure once they start playing I'll be into it properly again, but I've actually found it quite relaxing to not worry about footy so much.

I'm a bit the same, I'm sure once they start playing I'll be into it properly again, but I've actually found it quite relaxing to not worry about footy so much.
It’s gonna get stopped cos the eastern seaboard is going to flare up. Bugger the money.
just can it.

Yep and it is total bullshit because Port have been scheduled for the first Showdown for the previous 3 seasons and were going to get it again this year. It is supposed to ******* alternate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back