Welcome to the Gold Coast!

Remove this Banner Ad

What does it matter it's not like anyone can go

Because its our 150th year, and we are wearing the prisonbars, and the majority of our premierships have been won at that oval.
I understand it may not be important to many, but if done well it could still have been a very special event.

We could have had 100 people spectating, and ensured they were family members of the 6 in a row players for example.

Now its just a game on the gold coast.

Because its our 150th year, and we are wearing the prisonbars, and the majority of our premierships have been won at that oval.
I understand it may not be important to many, but if done well it could still have been a very special event.

We could have had 100 people spectating, and ensured they were family members of the 6 in a row players for example.

Now its just a game on the gold coast.
I don't even know if they are gonna wear it now could be shelved until crowds are back next year or beyond.

I don't even know if they are gonna wear it now could be shelved until crowds are back next year or beyond.

This is what I'm hoping.

We need to grow a pair and turn up in the bars anyway. For heaven's sake, the Crows deliberately flouted legal requirements and escaped unscathed. They need us as much as we need them. There will never be a better opportunity, hell we're not even in the same division as eddiewood any more.

In an "all bets are off" psuedo-season, which also happens to be a significant anniversary, we should be standing up for our heritage.

We need to grow a pair and turn up in the bars anyway. For heaven's sake, the Crows deliberately flouted legal requirements and escaped unscathed. They need us as much as we need them. There will never be a better opportunity, hell we're not even in the same division as eddiewood any more.

In an "all bets are off" psuedo-season, which also happens to be a significant anniversary, we should be standing up for our heritage.

What if the bars is something we don't get to wear again for several years?

Would you be happy to look back as the last time being when we wore them on the Gold Coast in front of no crowd?

To me that's not a celebration. Its something that will be forgotten about.

Part of what made the 2014 EF special is not just wearing them, but the spectacular scenes when interacting with the crowd. I don't want them being worn when there is no atmosphere.

What if the bars is something we don't get to wear again for several years?

Would you be happy to look back as the last time being when we wore them on the Gold Coast in front of no crowd?

To me that's not a celebration. Its something that will be forgotten about.

Part of what made the 2014 EF special is not just wearing them, but the spectacular scenes when interacting with the crowd. I don't want them being worn when there is no atmosphere.
You're right. I was more thinking of a precursor to them becoming a standard strip option for us, not something we have to beg for every time. Even if we don't make them the standard home strip, it should be our decision when they're worn. Noone else's.

I always felt we should relocate.

Now that we have a reasonable solution for families I'm happy with the relocation also, but we should have been able to play a Round 2 showdown at home first.

It could have been the first game played on June 11, with a national audience, and then we could have flown up to the GC.
But Victoria.
Will Richmond and Carlton play each other again??

That lack of attention to detail suggests the people in charge don't give a s**t and those in charge at the club either don't have the foresight or don't have the courage to question it. It could have been all SA commentators, TV coverage (and those required for it) could have been organised. Would have loved to have seen Timmy G get a gig commentating it.

Its our 150th ffs.

I'll get off my soapbox now.

Last edited:
Absolutely ridiculous that they couldn't find a way to play the Showdown here before heading up there.
Really?

I mean, what exactly is the difference? There is actually no point in playing it at AO. Empty stadium vs Empty stadium! The sooner they get up here & make it their base, the more settled they will be.

Hoping 'Gold Coast Crows' is a permanent thing.

They could drop the blue from their uniform and silently and "collectively" merge with Gold Coast. The bonus in the deal for them of course is Lukosius, because not long ago the crows seemed willing to sell their soul to get him but have since realized they don't have one, so a merger is a good option for them under the circumstances.

They could drop the blue from their uniform and silently and "collectively" merge with Gold Coast. The bonus in the deal for them of course is Lukosius, because not long ago the crows seemed willing to sell their soul to get him but have since realized they don't have one, so a merger is a good option for them under the circumstances.
You obviously HATE the Gold Coast!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The relocation will work to our advantage. Firstly, we don't play Adelaide Oval particularly well. Secondly, the time away as a group will help team bonding.
And 3. If past experience is anything to go by the bonding time will be terrible for the Crows lol.

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

The relocation will work to our advantage. Firstly, we don't play Adelaide Oval particularly well. Secondly, the time away as a group will help team bonding.
3rdly we have the advantage of being in a hub of going to China already

Now that we have a reasonable solution for families I'm happy with the relocation also, but we should have been able to play a Round 2 showdown at home first.

It could have been the first game played on June 11, with a national audience, and then we could have flown up to the GC.
But Victoria.

That lack of attention to detail suggests the people in charge don't give a s**t and those in charge at the club either don't have the foresight or don't have the courage to question it. It could have been all SA commentators, TV coverage (and those required for it) could have been organised. Would have loved to have seen Timmy G get a gig commentating it.

Its our 150th ffs.

Unless the state government changes their mind and allows contact training in the near future then they're the only ones to blame. Almost certainly would have been a Rd 2 showdown otherwise, relocating afterwards.

I haven't stopped to actually read whatever the AFL is trying to do. I also haven't seen any mention to the NSW clubs.

My first impression is that the AFL is thinking on setting two hubs: Melbourne (Vic clubs) and GC (interstate clubs). If so, teams would necessarily play within each hub: VIC v. VIC; rest v. rest.

Thus, there would be 8 teams in GC. Some teams already have played each other (Port-Suns) for instance. Hence, without rematches, there could be 6 rounds [without derbies, it would be 5].

This would give the league at least a month before needing to make a decision on how the rest of the season would play out.

However, although this makes sense to me, I don't know whether this is what the AFL is trying to do.

Last edited:

But Victoria.

Its our 150th ffs.

Attention to detail tells you exactly why we can't play a Showdown before moving up to the Gold Coast.

Contact training will still be banned in South Australia before the AFL resumes. So if Port (and the Crows) hang around in SA to open with a Showdown first, then we'll be weeks behind everyone else when it comes to training.

The teams need to move off to Queensland as soon as possible so they can begin proper training. And its not like they can go up to Queensland start training and then come back, because they'll need to go through a 2 week quarantine on return.

Attention to detail tells you exactly why we can't play a Showdown before moving up to the Gold Coast.

Contact training will still be banned in South Australia before the AFL resumes. So if Port (and the Crows) hang around in SA to open with a Showdown first, then we'll be weeks behind everyone else when it comes to training.

The teams need to move off to Queensland as soon as possible so they can begin proper training. And its not like they can go up to Queensland start training and then come back, because they'll need to go through a 2 week quarantine on return.

Did we even try to claim an exemption for contact training?

Did we even try to claim an exemption for contact training?

If you bothered to read the reports out there, there has been constant dialogue between the SA authorities, the AFL, and the 2 SA clubs. Basic common sense says that they would have raised the issue of contact training in those! SA government is not budging. Time to move on. There is really ZERO to be gained by stuffing around just to play one game to an empty AO stadium. In fact the negatives are far greater.

Just let it go.

Well how about that...

The change comes as SA Premier Steven Marshall asks the AFL to allow the Power and the Crows to play a home Showdown in Round Two — the first game back after coronavirus restrictions are expected to be lifted — before setting up interstate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back