Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BJK#5

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thought on the kids game vs Richmond?
Pretty much what i'm expecting from him at this stage, flashes of brilliance but still lacking the tank/physical ability to run out games. His first quarter was very, very impressive. I really hope he lines up Round 1 he reads the ball well, is willing to go back with the flight of the ball, uses it well. All while being 193cm tall.

He has the talent, he has the physical ability and he has the toughness. I am very confident he will make it at this level now that he has joined an AFL club.

rogiebear93

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
very early days of course, but looks a 1st round talent so far on what I've seen
Beautiful reader of the play, there was someone on this board calling him soft because he didn't play inside mid as a kid but I don't recall who it was. Showed no softness in how he attacked the high ball over the JLT.

kirbatron

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Looks like a promising long term player for us. Basically for free as well.

Lets pump the games into him.

Keen to hear what Gromma thought of his JLT efforts.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheFourPillars

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Amazing the Kid comes and already looks better than someone like TOB that has been at the club for 7 years and has been gifted 50 senior games.
Yeah because hawthorn gift games to players seriously mate no one gets gifted a game at Hawthorn. There are pre requisites to getting a game and then there is a role that the coaches think you can fulfil. if you are not up to it then you are out IF there is someone better to take your place. TOB or any other player on our list is fully aware of what's required to get a game in the seniors.

Brant

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
I loved the intercept marking & his disposal by foot in JLT2, but I didn't see him running or the way he covered the ground.

Is he quick enough to be a rebounding HBF or is he more of an intercept player with reliable disposal?

arupist

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He looks ready made. Will be good to see him have a couple of games at Box Hill first up then find his way into the team, but he has some serious upside.
If he is ready made, then I doubt a couple of games at BH is of any extra benefit. If he is good enough then give him a go from the start, particularly before Birch is ready to return.

PenAndPaperJosh

Premiership Player
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think he's basically guaranteed a game come round 1 considering our structure. Frawley, Brand/Mohr/Mirra, Stratton, Hardwick, Sicily, Impey are basically locked as the back 6 & the 7th would have to be Scrimshaw.
Plus judging by his TOG% that's another strong indicator.

Top Bottom