Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

at least he didnt cost pick 19, for what we paid for him in the trade we got him for cheap, im not the biggest fan of his, but i wish him all the best and i hope he proves me wrong...

good luck and i hope he works on his contested side of his game and he could be alright.

This article says his dad was David who played for the Hawks and his uncles played for the Tigers, but I don't believe a David Scrimshaw ever played for our firsts, maybe the ressies (or the article has the name wrong).

I'm excited to see what the club can do with him and hope he becomes another successful trade for us

Not putting any pressure on him though, could take a while to find his feet in our system
Fair enough, I'll give him till Round 2 then.

Scrimshaw - the new chosen one.

No pressure Jack. Take your time to learn our systems and how your new teammates play. Just remember though - Round 2. :p

Welcome Jack!

I vaguely remember his father, Ian, playing for us in the early 70's, I don't know if he ever played seniors.
Ian had a couple of brothers, played for us or some other team?

Sorry if this has already been answered
Scrimshaw.JPG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Let's hope being a Hawk support himself gives Jack plenty of motivation to make a career for himself because I must say this doesn't make for great reading: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-16/why-some-clubs-baulked-at-recruiting-new-hawk-

Pay no mind to these smear campaigns, if Jack shows up and puts his mind to it, he could be anything.

Will he be willing to work harder at the Hawks? Only time will tell, but I'm thrilled about this pick-up.

WELCOME TO THE HAWKS, SCRIM

Did Kane Chornes seriously call for an investigation because of the trade?

Let's investigate exactly how the media came to know about Burton being traded had been discussed before Burton did while we're at it.

Let's hope being a Hawk support himself gives Jack plenty of motivation to make a career for himself because I must say this doesn't make for great reading: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-10-16/why-some-clubs-baulked-at-recruiting-new-hawk-

Actually find it refreshingly honest.
Best way to make change possible is for there to be nothing hidden or that feels like it needs hiding.
There's no bullshit. Time and patience can work wonders with a young kid who has the skills but the mental side is still developing, and truth is all kids develop that side on a different timeline. Most are just thrust into a professional cauldron and either swim or sink without explanation because they don't have the words to describe what it is ailing them.
I like the kids chances, and I like ours with him.

Fair enough, I'll give him till Round 2 then.

Scrimshaw - the new chosen one.

No pressure Jack. Take your time to learn our systems and how your new teammates play. Just remember though - Round 2. :p
Easter falls around Round 4 next year (Sunday April 21, so Geelong game would be Monday April 22).

Welcome to the Mighty Hawks Jack.

I guess the hawks will give him time to adjust to be playing at a genuine professional club.
If he puts in the hard work for a team he followed as a junior I'm sure it will be motivation enough to do his best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back