Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon Crawshay

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Its actually kind of shocking how much alike he is to Birchall. Birchall never got any wraps but was one of our most consistent, high performing players. I think the only time Birch got comments by the media was on game when he got 30 touches at 100% efficiency. Scrimshaw might not have quite as piercing kick as Birchall but is far better overhead and a lot cleaner in traffic when under pressure.

Scrimshaw is a pleasure to watch and I'm still shocked he couldn't find a way in our best 22 in the opening two rounds.
I have also been bemused as to why Jack often seems to find himself on the outer with our selection panel. He also seems to get little love from the coaching panel in the B&F.

Every single game I have seen him play for the club has been quality and he is always in our top 10 performers on game day.

I also think his toughness is undersold, you don't hold those overhead contested marks without being made of stern stuff.

CHUBBSS

All Australian
Apr 6, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think I might be Jack’s biggest fan.

Cant get my head around how undersold he is by the AFL media for what he does when he’s out on the park because he continuously shows that he’s got some absolute class, yet is never mentioned as one of our up and comers. It’s like he’s invisible to many.
His so dam smooth he becomes invisible to everyone around him - in all seriousness I’d say he will start getting some attention soon, is one of our best users

On Topic

Team Captain
Jan 7, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I have also been bemused as to why Jack often seems to find himself on the outer with our selection panel. He also seems to get little love from the coaching panel in the B&F.

Every single game I have seen him play for the club has been quality and he is always in our top 10 performers on game day.

I also think his toughness is undersold, you don't hold those overhead contested marks without being made of stern stuff.
He does a lot right from a spectators point of view. He must be doing something the coaches don’t like - maybe work rate to defend space, pressuring, etc that might be easily missed on first viewing.

Collins-Langford-Ayres

Hall of Famer
Mar 23, 2007
Where Premiership dreams are made...
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Man U, Canucks and 49ers

I don't think he is on the outer at. He's had problems getting his body right since before joining us. My understanding is that he is highly rated internally. Anyone know anything different?

darthmann

Club Legend
Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW
I don't think he is on the outer at. He's had problems getting his body right since before joining us. My understanding is that he is highly rated internally. Anyone know anything different?
interpreting T4P's post, perhaps he has an attitude problem/issue with his body and the way he goes about recovery etc? don't want to speculate though so lets just hope he gets to play 19 more games this year, each at a level we saw on monday

Simon Crawshay

Club Legend
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Honestly I am only basing that statement on the fact that the coaching panel make him play a couple of games at box Hill after he gets injured whereas for me he is an automatic inclusion in our 22 if he is right to go.

Remove this Banner Ad