Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s had a really good second half of the season. Has played his best footy with at least one or two of Day, Impey or CJ missing (plus obviously Sicily). We are so well stocked at HBF but there isn’t room for them all back there. Unlocking ways to use Scrimshaw, Day, CJ, Impey and Sicily further afield is going to be pretty key to Mitchell’s success as a coach. So much talent there but they can’t all play HBF.

Under Clarko we have always orchestrated an extra down back, by not following the oppositions high half forward to the contest. Scrim and all these guys are guns, but with a strong footy IQ this is the easiest role to play. Garry Lyon is absolutely correct in that. Just look at Timmy down back if in any doubt.

As you said, how some of these guys progress in others areas will be critical for us moving forward. I'm not sure I can see Scrim in any other position to be honest, but I'd love to see Will Day take a McLuggage path, which would start by playing him on the wing next year. He uses both feet and would be brilliant at hitting up forwards.

I'm also really intrigued to see if Mitchell will put a greater emphasis on the contest next year. Can any Box Hill watchers provide insight with that? Do we have even numbers at the contest?

Under Clarko we have always orchestrated an extra down back, by not following the oppositions high half forward to the contest. Scrim and all these guys are guns, but with a strong footy IQ this is the easiest role to play. Garry Lyon is absolutely correct in that. Just look at Timmy down back if in any doubt.

As you said, how some of these guys progress in others areas will be critical for us moving forward. I'm not sure I can see Scrim in any other position to be honest, but I'd love to see Will Day take a McLuggage path, which would start by playing him on the wing next year. He uses both feet and would be brilliant at hitting up forwards.

I'm also really intrigued to see if Mitchell will put a greater emphasis on the contest next year. Can any Box Hill watchers provide insight with that? Do we have even numbers at the contest?

With good to excellent users of the ball in Sicily, Impey, Scrimshaw and Hardwick down back we can afford to move Day upfield - to the wing, or somewhere where he gets given the ball at every opportunity.

Scrimshaw can 10000% become a midfielder, played there as a junior too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Elite highlight package- crazy to think that the kid is only 23!
If he can move more into the midfield whilst maintaining his defensive strengths we're going to be a great team to watch next year.

Like a clown without hands, he never juggles.

If he can move more into the midfield whilst maintaining his defensive strengths we're going to be a great team to watch next year.

Interesting to see the vast majority of the time her is lose with no man in sight. I wonder if he is reading the play really well and pealing off or if there are times when the oppo is scoring through his man…

Gee, he gets called to 'play on' quicker than any other player I can think of

Remove this Banner Ad

Back