Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Drafted in 2016, Scrimshaw spent his junior years mainly playing across half-back for the Sandringham Dragons and Vic Metro in the TAC Cup. In the under 18 competition, Scrimshaw averaged 23.7 disposals per game and took 7 intercept marks per game.

Scrimshaw boasts a damaging kick and intercept marking, plus his height gives him versatility to potentially move around the ground in the future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome Jack!

I vaguely remember his father, Ian, playing for us in the early 70's, I don't know if he ever played seniors.
Ian had a couple of brothers, played for us or some other team?

From a draft profile article posted to AFL.com.au in 2016:

POLISHED defender Jack Scrimshaw is one of the more intriguing prospects in this year's NAB AFL Draft pool because of the variety he offers.

Scrimshaw is generally regarded as a mobile 194cm defender who reads the play and understands game scenario better than most.

But the interesting element for AFL clubs is whether the Sandringham Dragons product can turn himself into a full-time midfielder at the highest level, which he has stated is his aim.

Regardless of the position he plays, Scrimshaw will be a valuable addition to any AFL club.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-11-22/tomorrows-heroes-jack-scrimshaw

Welcome Jack!

I vaguely remember his father, Ian, playing for us in the early 70's, I don't know if he ever played seniors.
Ian had a couple of brothers, played for us or some other team?

Ian played 19 games for the Hawks in 1974 and 1975 (the majority of those in 1975). He went to Richmond half-way through 1976 and ended up being dropped for the 1980 grand final for Daryl Freame. Spent most of 1981 in the reserves with Richmond then moved to Perth and played five games for East Perth in 1982.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back