Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Gromma

Team Captain
Jun 16, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Philadelphia 76ers.
Some very positive reports from posters who were at the intraclub hit out last night. Gromma how did you see it?
I was really excited to see all the new talent at the club. Really positive signs there I think. Good performances from most of the young guys. I thought his first qtr was good and confident he can repeat that for 4 qtrs with a little more match conditioning. Great competition for spots which is just awesome this time of year.

I was really excited to see all the new talent at the club. Really positive signs there I think. Good performances from most of the young guys. I thought his first qtr was good and confident he can repeat that for 4 qtrs with a little more match conditioning. Great competition for spots which is just awesome this time of year.
I think that is an accurate assessment :thumbsu:

What are Jacks strengths & weaknesses as a defender?

Certainly looking forward to him develop & would love him to be best 22 this year. The backline would then have a real splash of youthful exuberance about it.

In terms of strengths, he reads the flight of the ball beautifully and he's a tall kid. He's also a brilliant kick. The comparisons to Birch are there in a big way, though I'd say he's probably better overhead.

I guess a big weakness, at 194cm or thereabouts, he's not super strong 1v1. Probably never will be as that's not how he plays, nor should we expect him to.

His positives far outweigh his negatives imo.

In terms of strengths, he reads the flight of the ball beautifully and he's a tall kid. He's also a brilliant kick. The comparisons to Birch are there in a big way, though I'd say he's probably better overhead.

I guess a big weakness, at 194cm or thereabouts, he's not super strong 1v1. Probably never will be as that's not how he plays, nor should we expect him to.

Is he quick?

To whom would you compare him in terms of speed?

Jun 19, 2007
On the south side now
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
nil

Better overhead? Birch has T Rex arms.

Birchall is highly unlikely to play Round 1. I would like to see Scrimshaw in the team as his replacement until Birchall comes back from injury. Scrimshaw and Sicily occupying the half back spots would make for an interesting combo given Scrimshaw is an excellent kick just like Sicily is.

Birchall is highly unlikely to play Round 1. I would like to see Scrimshaw in the team as his replacement until Birchall comes back from injury. Scrimshaw and Sicily occupying the half back spots would make for an interesting combo given Scrimshaw is an excellent kick just like Sicily is.

Sicily - Stratton - Scrimshaw
Hardwick - Frawley - Impey

Easy Slips Catch

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 10, 2006
Fringe
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
Sicily - Stratton - Scrimshaw
Hardwick - Frawley - Impey
In the Intra Club, they trialled KB in the first half and TO in the second. I reckon we will go in with two talls, my tip is KB. The two talls pretty much play 95% going by previous years.

It then comes down to Scrimshaw sharing a spot with the remaining four which is how I reckon it will pan out.

In the Intra Club, they trialled KB in the first half and TO in the second. I reckon we will go in with two talls, my tip is KB. The two talls pretty much play 95% going by previous years.

It then comes down to Scrimshaw sharing a spot with the remaining four which is how I reckon it will pan out.
Yep, so I just can't see how Scrimshaw gets into the team, at least at Round 1

Sicily - Frawley - Stratton
Hardwick - Brand - Impey

Throw in someone like Morrison too, and Birchall getting fit maybe.

Milkshaker

Cancelled
Nov 6, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yep, so I just can't see how Scrimshaw gets into the team, at least at Round 1

Sicily - Frawley - Stratton
Hardwick - Brand - Impey

Throw in someone like Morrison too, and Birchall getting fit maybe.

He would have to knock the door down Can't see it happening. 4-6 games my tip for Scrimshaw this year.

giphy.gif

Mojo

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2007
Beaumaris
AFL Club
Hawthorn
He would have to knock the door down Can't see it happening. 4-6 games my tip for Scrimshaw this year.

View attachment 619717

Scrimmers might be in that boat that takes him several weeks into the season before he's ready, and the opportunity is there, but comes in and continues to grow and sees out the season.

That's my hope anyway.

Chip will take Walker. Stratts and Sic dog will take the others. In fact, Burton used to take Tex easily.

Not sure Port Adelaide would be prepared to lend us Burton, even if it's only round 1...

Back