Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Aug 9, 2017
Penguin
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Hurricanes, Panthers
Thought on the kids game vs Richmond?
Pretty much what i'm expecting from him at this stage, flashes of brilliance but still lacking the tank/physical ability to run out games. His first quarter was very, very impressive. I really hope he lines up Round 1 he reads the ball well, is willing to go back with the flight of the ball, uses it well. All while being 193cm tall.

He has the talent, he has the physical ability and he has the toughness. I am very confident he will make it at this level now that he has joined an AFL club.

SHAKESPEARE

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 21, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Will play all year.

Was skeptical about the Birchall comparisons, but dead set this kid looks a spitting image of 2006 Birch.

I like.

very early days of course, but looks a 1st round talent so far on what I've seen

Beautiful reader of the play, there was someone on this board calling him soft because he didn't play inside mid as a kid but I don't recall who it was. Showed no softness in how he attacked the high ball over the JLT.

Can we please not keep tagging gromma, I'm sure he reads the thread, we don't need to be pressuring him to provide details and insights on how Jack is doing.

Amazing the Kid comes and already looks better than someone like TOB that has been at the club for 7 years and has been gifted 50 senior games.
Yeah because hawthorn gift games to players seriously mate no one gets gifted a game at Hawthorn. There are pre requisites to getting a game and then there is a role that the coaches think you can fulfil. if you are not up to it then you are out IF there is someone better to take your place. TOB or any other player on our list is fully aware of what's required to get a game in the seniors.

I loved the intercept marking & his disposal by foot in JLT2, but I didn't see him running or the way he covered the ground.

Is he quick enough to be a rebounding HBF or is he more of an intercept player with reliable disposal?

Can we please not keep tagging gromma, I'm sure he reads the thread, we don't need to be pressuring him to provide details and insights on how Jack is doing.
Was about to post the same thing mate.
Bloody killing the goose that laid the golden egg...

He looks ready made. Will be good to see him have a couple of games at Box Hill first up then find his way into the team, but he has some serious upside.

He looks ready made. Will be good to see him have a couple of games at Box Hill first up then find his way into the team, but he has some serious upside.
If he is ready made, then I doubt a couple of games at BH is of any extra benefit. If he is good enough then give him a go from the start, particularly before Birch is ready to return.

PenAndPaper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I think he's basically guaranteed a game come round 1 considering our structure. Frawley, Brand/Mohr/Mirra, Stratton, Hardwick, Sicily, Impey are basically locked as the back 6 & the 7th would have to be Scrimshaw.
Plus judging by his TOG% that's another strong indicator.

Back