Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

The thing in his favour is that he is very good below his knees. Very clean player. I’m sure he could play through there even if it isn’t full time. But he needs a bigger tank. Great recruiting to get this kid in. Might not have been anything at gc so it’s a win for them and us and scrimshaw.

Great with the ground ball, very clean picking the ball up and getting it off. I see him as a rotation midfielder sooner rather than later. The major positive is that the knock he had as a draftee was in his contested ability, which already seems on the improve.

As you said, his tank isn't quite at that level now, but his skillset should translate in a big way.

Rested this week from the side, is he carrying an injury or are we just being cautious?

I'm glad we're managing his body, he's still young and in need of a spell. I'm staggered that the cats haven't rested Ablett yet, I can see him getting injured and their supporters going completely feral

He's rested right? He doesn't deserve to be dropped so must be rested or injured surely.

He's rested right? He doesn't deserve to be dropped so must be rested or injured surely.
Rested, is named as an emergency

People talk about Scully being a steal this kid is going to be a beast. Was on the way to a breakout game. Going to be a very complete footballer. Hoping the knee is only a knock.

Gromma might not but I do. The kids doing exactly what we want him to do and has played about 10 games in his career. Get behind him hawks fans, we’ve got a player here for basically nothing. Had 17 from less than 50% game time. Kidding yourself if you aren’t impressed. Could’ve easily had a 25-30 pos game without injury.

Gromma might not but I do. The kids doing exactly what we want him to do and has played about 10 games in his career. Get behind him hawks fans, we’ve got a player here for basically nothing. Had 17 from less than 50% game time. Kidding yourself if you aren’t impressed. Could’ve easily had a 25-30 pos game without injury.

I am extremely excited by this kid. There was a passage in the second qtr today where I reckon he had 4 involvements in 30 secs. What I loved was when he stuffed up he was back at the next contest with even greater intensity.
Folks, we have a star here. He will be better than Birch, big call I know, but you can tell this kid wants to play for the HFC, wants to contribute, wants to win, and ultimately, wants to lead.
Get his body right over the next two years, do the conditioning, he will be prime when we next challenge.

It's a measure of just how seamless he's integrated and how well he's doing that after a mere handful of games we are all keeping fingers crossed that his injury doesn't keep him on the sidelines. Has fast become integral to the team and hopefully so much improvement to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a measure of just how seamless he's integrated and how well he's doing that after a mere handful of games we are all keeping fingers crossed that his injury doesn't keep him on the sidelines. Has fast become integral to the team and hopefully so much improvement to come.

Yep, Scull, is another. This guy next year, with another hopeful year of “clean” Conditioning is going to murder it. Can’t wait.

I am extremely excited by this kid. There was a passage in the second qtr today where I reckon he had 4 involvements in 30 secs. What I loved was when he stuffed up he was back at the next contest with even greater intensity.
Folks, we have a star here. He will be better than Birch, big call I know, but you can tell this kid wants to play for the HFC, wants to contribute, wants to win, and ultimately, wants to lead.
Get his body right over the next two years, do the conditioning, he will be prime when we next challenge.
Yep I reckon he was rooted by the last passage. Got gassed and slapped it on the boot and probably put it to the worst spot he could’ve put it but you’d take that 100/100 times from a kid. Absolute jet in the making for pick nothing. No wonder they went hard for Wingard, sucks losing Burton but he’s almost like for like.

Yep I reckon he was rooted by the last passage. Got gassed and slapped it on the boot and probably put it to the worst spot he could’ve put it but you’d take that 100/100 times from a kid. Absolute jet in the making for pick nothing. No wonder they went hard for Wingard, sucks losing Burton but he’s almost like for like.

He's currently giving us everything Burton was. Scrim's getting less of the ball, but his contested marking is exceptional and his attack on the footy is ferocious (which was never the case with Burto). I also love that he backs himself in to take the riskier kick, because while he may make mistakes now I think we'll start seeing more of them come off in the future.

I'm super excited by Scim this year but even more excited about 2020 with an increased tank, improved team cohesion and a belief in himself.

He's currently giving us everything Burton was. Scrim's getting less of the ball, but his contested marking is exceptional and his attack on the footy is ferocious (which was never the case with Burto). I also love that he backs himself in to take the riskier kick, because while he may make mistakes now I think we'll start seeing more of them come off in the future.

I'm super excited by Scim this year but even more excited about 2020 with an increased tank, improved team cohesion and a belief in himself.
Yep the sky’s the limit in the next few years. Love the adventurous kicks. Not many have the balls to pull the trigger but we have a few of them. Might not come off every time but when it does it’s face melting.

And really really really wants to kick a goal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back