Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Getting the no.14 would be fitting. He is probably the reason we didn't see Birchall as a 100% must keep player for next year.

The club isn't shy about that stuff. Our current 23 and 5 show this.
You've just referred to our two most revered numbers at the club, where for years the club has said would be reserved for a larger KPP type player and the best up & comer in the Crimmins mould. You've listed the exception rather than the rule.

You've just referred to our two most revered numbers at the club, where for years the club has said would be reserved for a larger KPP type player and the best up & comer in the Crimmins mould. You've listed the exception rather than the rule.
Hardwick took over 15 from Hodge

and Dylan Moore took on 36.

I think you’ve lost this round.

The club may want to steer clear from giving Scrimmers 14, just to avoid unwanted comparisons.
I was waiting for Birch to grow the Al Martello sideburns, but I was sadly disappointed.

Now that I am relatively sober, I shall present the case for the defence, based on the evidence provided by the prosecution:
  • Number 23 - The club decided a while ago that the number 23 should always go to a KPP as it just looks wrong seeing that number on some back pocket player, and franklin frankly, I agree with them. So the obvious choice was to present it to a young bull, someone who wouldn't be daunted by the '23's of Xmas past, someone who just exudes confidence and could take it all in their stride. I present to you: Timmy O'Brien. Conclusion: Stalemate.
  • Number 5 - When Sam Mitchell was moved on, the coveted number 5 was available for the next lucky soul to take on this prestigious number. We had just brought Tom Mitchell and Jaegar O'Meara into the club... surely that number would have gone to one of those? Wait? What? It went to Ryan Burton? How can that be? He's not a Sammy replacement. How odd. It's almost as though the club decided not to do a 'TOB' to one of those guys. Conclusion: That's one for the Smithmeister.
  • Number 15 - Hardwick is a fwd/back pocket. Doesn't play the same position as Hodge did. Not sure this can be argued as a case for the prosecution. Conclusion: Stalemate.
  • Number 33 - Walker taking over from Cyril. Okay, you got me there. Conclusion: You suck Tommyk72. :p
  • Number 36 - The Dylan Moore thing... um... huh? I think I need to leave my sober state again to attempt to answer this one. Conclusion: Inconclusive. Did Moore do 3 ACLs in his junior years that I don't know about?
To sum up for everyone who decided 'tl;dr', and surely that must have been EVERYONE (damn, I didn't even bother reading it), the only thing that's surer than night following day is HFC deciding 'stuff Agent Smith, let's give 14 to Scrimmers'. They do it every time. I don't think they like me. Any chance they get, they always stick it to Agent Smith. Why? I'm a nice guy. I only kill bad people. And the occasional scum supporter who irritates me by walking within my proximity while I'm packing heat. Is that so bad? It's nothing on people who ramble. Geez, I hate people who just go on and on and... oh.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's excellent really. A quality Birchall replacement that is really much better in the air. Hopefully he really learns how to run, carry and set up play like Birchall would.

Don't think he'll ever have that acceleration off the mark that Birchall had at the same age.

He's excellent really. A quality Birchall replacement that is really much better in the air. Hopefully he really learns how to run, carry and set up play like Birchall would.
It still makes me laugh just how much he's like Birchall. The way he runs. That laconic look to his game. And obviously the position he plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back