Still the time Birch almost killed Judd going for a ground ball was a highlight
No, definitely Birchall.

Lost part of both front teeth.

JaegarTime

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Love Scrimmers. Not totally sure about the comparisons to Birchall to be fair though, runs like him sure but is better overhead and (just my opinion) is only above average kick unlike Birch who was elite by foot. Can’t wait for his confidence to grow though as I reckon that’ll improve his kicking a lot.

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn

"The more games you play, the more confident you get... it's tough to adapt to the pace of the game coming from playing twos footy"

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Day and Scrim rotating the square. Crossing my fingers to see a little before the year is out. We could use some height and kicking skill our of there and Scrim handles himself really well in congestion. There's a real difference with Scrim's kicking back there. Some of our other defenders are good kicks but comparing Hardwick to Scrim is a safe kick vs a potentially game busting kick.

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Scrim was cool under pressure. Would love to see if his game could transfer to the middle. Had some Pendlebury-esque moments in the clinches.
I can see Scrimma and Day rotating through the same positions- both have immense upside.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Very good return.

Sicily Scrimshaw Day Impey CJ DGB Hardwick. We will not be lacking in attack from defence for many years. It is the one area we are strong, especially with younger players The challenge for us and for each of those players is to create versatility so they can all play in the same side.

Scrimshaw should be given some midfield minutes this year.

Dipper

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 28, 2000
London,England
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Allies FCC
Scrim was cool under pressure. Would love to see if his game could transfer to the middle. Had some Pendlebury-esque moments in the clinches.
I saw some footage a while back before he was drafted and the commentator said something like 'Scrimshaw he's been compared to Pendlebury'.

Plus I'm pretty sure in an interview when asked where he saw himself playing that he said midfield.

On moto g(7) using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Was excellent against the Cats for 4 quarters, and there weren’t many Hawks that could say the same.

I think he could become an excellent midfielder, but I just have the feeling that “Scrimma in the guts” doesn’t interest the coaches for some reason. Hopefully the squeeze once DGB and Sicily are back will let us see it.

theiaofseed

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 17, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
How exciting is the prospect of Sicily, Scrimshaw, Day, Shaggy, CJ, Frost and Hardwick out of defense, all elite in either skills or run and carry with excellent contested and intercept marking.

Was excellent against the Cats for 4 quarters, and there weren’t many Hawks that could say the same.

I think he could become an excellent midfielder, but I just have the feeling that “Scrimma in the guts” doesn’t interest the coaches for some reason. Hopefully the squeeze once DGB and Sicily are back will let us see it.
Athletic prowess and ability to run out games?

Hawk_francais

Cancelled
Sep 20, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Athletic prowess and ability to run out games?
Hmmm apparently played Tac cup footy on the wing (had pretty stuff competition for inside mid spots, Taranto and McGrath also in the team). Shifter said he would need to improve his contested work to move into the middle. McGrath said apparently he played everywhere for the Sandy Dragons including ruck!

Back