Welcome Welcome to the Hawks Jack Scrimshaw

Remove this Banner Ad

Very true but you have to be injury free to train hard and show full capability. Nothing lacking there with all 3 mentioned IMO as demonstrated this season.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Taranto had a 2 month ankle in 2017, a 3 month shoulder in 2020. Won their B&F in 2019 and was clearly their BOG in the 2019 GF.

McGrath has been exceptionally resilient - only his ankle in Rd 14 of 2020 keeping him out of pretty much playing every single game since he started. EFC Rising Star in 2017. 6th in B&F in 2019. 5th in 2020

Scrimshaw played 28 NEAFL / reserve games in 2017/2018 (plus his 4 AFL games). Aside from a fractured cheekbone he had a decent injury run at GC. Openly said off-field he couldn’t settle and was homesick.

If he can go close in 2021/22 to what those two have produced in their last two seasons we would all be delighted.

Had some uncharacteristic turnovers but overal it was a really solid game in trying circumstances. Easily one of our best. His work in the contest is getting better every year and teases that he might be able to work up the ground eventually.
Doesn't mind breaking a tackle does Jack Scrimshaw. Is stronger than he looks. That video also shows a few important contributions from Kosi which I didn't notice on the night.. They both had really good games. 7 day break this time I reckon we'll make a decent fist of the game against the Eagles. But then again I thought we'd roll the saints.

Taranto had a 2 month ankle in 2017, a 3 month shoulder in 2020. Won their B&F in 2019 and was clearly their BOG in the 2019 GF.

McGrath has been exceptionally resilient - only his ankle in Rd 14 of 2020 keeping him out of pretty much playing every single game since he started. EFC Rising Star in 2017. 6th in B&F in 2019. 5th in 2020

Scrimshaw played 28 NEAFL / reserve games in 2017/2018 (plus his 4 AFL games). Aside from a fractured cheekbone he had a decent injury run at GC. Openly said off-field he couldn’t settle and was homesick.

If he can go close in 2021/22 to what those two have produced in their last two seasons we would all be delighted.

Will go more than close...just starting to mature now...Tim and Andy already stars no doubt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Loved seeing him trialled in the midfield on the weekend. Even a few CBA.

Think longer term that's where his spot might be because our ideal back 6 doesn't have him in it.

Seems a decent overhead mark, but does misread way too many balls in the air.

Could he develop into the tall mid that we have always wanted.

Loved seeing him trialled in the midfield on the weekend. Even a few CBA.

Think longer term that's where his spot might be because our ideal back 6 doesn't have him in it.

Seems a decent overhead mark, but does misread way too many balls in the air.
I had to do a double take when I saw him in the centre. At last!! 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a jet. Will settle on a wing for mine.
I think more big bodied inside mid, the amount of 2 way gut running required of a modern winger is something i am not sure he is suited to.

He looks to be putting on size each pre season as well. Need some class inside and i think he can give us that.

His problem now is to get the fitness needed to play further up the ground because he can not defend.
Actually a much better mark and spoiler of the ball than Birchall ever was...and almost as good with it in hand to be honest. But would still love to see him on the wing.

His problem now is to get the fitness needed to play further up the ground because he can not defend.
Actually a much better mark and spoiler of the ball than Birchall ever was...and almost as good with it in hand to be honest. But would still love to see him on the wing.
There was a moment where scrim was filling space in the zone inside fifty waiting for the long ball to come in so he could intercept or get a touch after the marking contest. Ldu pushes into a hole and just stands there screaming for the ball. Scrim can see him but initially ignores ldu. The kicker should have passed it and after what seemed like an eternity scrim eventually moves towards ldu but the kicker goes long and scrim turns to the back and forgets all about ldu. Ball bounces straight out to ldu, who goals.

it isn’t necessarily the case he can’t defend in a zone structure, but he is so offensively orientated that he doesn’t want to pick an opponent in a very dangerous spot. Something to work on for scrim if he is going to play in defence.

This was never more a contrast than in the richmond game. We were in an arm wrestle in that 3rd qtr with Richmond and then Day gets injured. Day knows how to defend. Its almost instinctive for him. He also used it as a springboard to attack. Scrimshaw comes on on the injury plays well offensively gets 10 possessions but defensively we have a big hole and Richmond score easily in the last qtr

Ive critically watched him

Just checked the vision. LDU kicked one goal for the game and it was from a stoppage. Dont think it was you described. Im pretty sure our half backs block the their small forwards in the stoppages. If an oppo mid drifts into F50 they are picked up by our mids.
I’m sorry but you are wrong. The goal was kicked at around the 19min mark of the third quarter. Ldu gets the ball from Thomas after the ball is kicked in long just like I said.

can’t easily capture it in screen shots but ldu is where the arrow is and scrim is moving up on him.
4AC77C5C-F638-4679-AE7C-35D0C7AE7275.jpeg
scrim had closed in too close and left ldu a straight path to goal. Just before this as the ball comes in you see scrim turn his back on ldu and go towards the contest.
B467E811-5BC3-4DFE-8DE0-00B9691410EF.jpeg

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back