Toast Rising Star Bailey Smith 28 disposals against Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Glad to read he's relaxed his diet - intensity and dedication's great but I was worried he might burn out and burn out quick. Sounds like they're looking after him :thumbsu:
He's young and idealistic. Good to hear Easton has started him on his journey into the real world. In no time he'll be out clubbing with Libba till dawn ;)

I'll send him a Christopher Hitchens book Scrag , that should cure him.

God, the last thing we need him doing is swapping his faith and finding alcohol, women and gambling like the rest of our boys. Let him find atheism after his footballing career.

God, the last thing we need him doing is swapping his faith and finding alcohol, women and gambling like the rest of our boys. Let him find atheism after his footballing career.

But what Hitchins he can give him is common sense , in very short supply around the world these days , and dare I say it , particularly around the worlds religions .

But mate its all tongue in cheek , don't take it all to seriously !

But what Hitchins he can give him is common sense , in very short supply around the world these days , and dare I say it , particularly around the worlds religions .

Hahaha yes I know, I too was taking the mickey (although am kind of worried about the private behaviour of footballers, but that's a discussion for another day[and don't get me wrong. I believe footy players private lives are definitely a matter for them, it is more just an issue of perhaps these guys are not being equipped properly to deal with the dangers of money and I suppose fame{yet indeed, further still, who am I to give life advice}]).

Our mods are losing the plot over the last 3 months, I said ‘Religion is for Morons’. It was deleted. Nothing personal, just a well founded belief that there is no god other than Gowers. I think you blokes (Mods) need to chill out rather than make this site a sychopantic thread of boring tripe.

So true, let’s relax and plant Hitchens at CHF next to Bowie.

Our mods are losing the plot over the last 3 months, I said ‘Religion is for Morons’. It was deleted. Nothing personal, just a well founded belief that there is no god other than Gowers. I think you blokes (Mods) need to chill out rather than make this site a sychopantic thread of boring tripe.
I'm conflicted.

On the one hand I agree with your free speech sentiment but over the last year or so there has been too much tolerance of abuse IMO, and that abuse has often escalated into unseemly shitfights that turn everybody off.

Calling certain people morons is provocative and fits into the category of abuse - although you might not agree - even if you didn't name anybody and it was meant as a generic comment. If I was religious (as many posters here probably are) I'd find it a bit offensive. Seems like the mods are trying to draw a line and your comment was obviously pretty close to it.

Suggest you just play the whistle on this one, even if you don't agree with the call. There are plenty of other ways to prevent the site being full of boring tripe and you do a pretty good job in that regard. :thumbsu:

Tell us what you really think BrisDog

I'm conflicted.

On the one hand I agree with your free speech sentiment but over the last year or so there has been too much tolerance of abuse IMO, and that abuse has often escalated into unseemly shitfights that turn everybody off.

Calling certain people morons is provocative and fits into the category of abuse - although you might not agree - even if you didn't name anybody and it was meant as a generic comment. If I was religious (as many posters here probably are) I'd find it a bit offensive. Seems like the mods are trying to draw a line and your comment was obviously pretty close to it.

Suggest you just play the whistle on this one, even if you don't agree with the call. There are plenty of other ways to prevent the site being full of boring tripe and you do a pretty good job in that regard. :thumbsu:
BrisDog and his alt are not to be taken seriously but sometimes they do push the envelope.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's outrageous. The only god wears #4.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back