Toast Welcome to the Kennel, BSM!

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
1604569261548.png

Well, we wanted him for years and we finally got him. He is probably at a stage in his career in which we can't expect too much of him. But what we hope to get is a valuable mentor for English and Sweet. This guy has been one of the best rucks in the game for a long time and will surely have a few things to teach our young rucks. Hopefully we see him still capable of playing some senior footy and taking some of the load off young Timmy. Welcome to the Kennel, Stef. Go well!

Stefan Martin is under 200 cm so does not qualify for the "Big" tag, 200 cm + and 100 kg + so to be clear it should be NQ-BSM (Not Quite - Big Stefan Martin).

Stefan Martin is under 200 cm so does not qualify for the "Big" tag, 200 cm + and 100 kg + so to be clear it should be NQ-BSM (Not Quite - Big Stefan Martin).

Have heard his nickname at Brisbane was actually BDSM

How do guys see our talls lining up if/when we play both martin and English??
I think Martin plays 50% ruck time, English plays 50% ruck time and 30% forward.
Martin playing half game time should help him get through the season given he is a bit older. I think English is a more potent threat up forward, so he can spend more time up there (or as a floater down back) when not rucking.

Keath, Gardner (given we stuck with him last season, expect the same going forward) and possibly Cordy will be the talls down back.
Naughton, Bruce, JUH and at times English up forward.

Don’t mind it. Will certainly help English develop and learn ruck craft during training sessions and give him the help he needs for games where English goes up against 2 genuine rucks.

Good luck to Stef. Had a very injury affected year and given our list spots, wasn't guaranteed a spot so happy he is getting another year somewhere. A shame for him that his best years were when we were abysmal.

A ripper bloke so even if he is more a VFL playing backup, he will offer something for your group.

View attachment 1004488

Well, we wanted him for years and we finally got him. He is probably at a stage in his career in which we can't expect too much of him. But what we hope to get is a valuable mentor for English and Sweet. This guy has been one of the best rucks in the game for a long time and will surely have a few things to teach our young rucks. Hopefully we see him still capable of playing some senior footy and taking some of the load off young Timmy. Welcome to the Kennel, Stef. Go well!
I think he will improve Sweet more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For English and Sweet just getting a preseason and training with a mature ruckman, who still is playing and has been in the system for long time I think is a good move.

The above covers Stef value IMO without him even playing a game.

I am sure he will provide info to English game day also whether he is out there or not.

Did this go through? Thought deadline was tonight or we taking him via another method? Not much talk of it.
Roughead didn't get signed as a free agent by pies so at the end of trade week they gave us a pick we didn't even use and took him for essentially the same as a free agent

Nice I’ve been refreshing the AFL site hoping to hear news. Good that we feel so confident that there’s a BF thread. The ULTIMATE news source
Mitch Cleary has said 9/10 it will get done, he’s usually fairly reliable

He's one of my favourite players, I'm very happy. He's a terrific player. Two seasons ago he gave poor Tim one of those absolute lessons, that game at the end of the year heading into finals? An absolute masterclass, where you end up weeping for Tim English. Training sessions are about to get interesting for Sweet and English. Great move by the club.

He looked a long way past it this year honestly but we need ruck coverage and it looks like he was the best available out there. Hopefully I'm wrong and he has another good year left in him.

At the very least he should provide good mentorship for Tim English. Very few players have worked as hard as Stef Martin in the past decade.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back