Toast Welcome to the Kennel, BSM!

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania
I found it interesting that at the end of Stef's interview he talked about his and Tim's potential ruck partnership. He mentioned that both he and Tim are good players around the ground and that it might not have to be a traditional ruck partnership in which one player rests forward. Reading between the lines I think he's implying that we might finally get to see English on a wing!

Mojorisin

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 20, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I found it interesting that at the end of Stef's interview he talked about his and Tim's potential ruck partnership. He mentioned that both he and Tim are good players around the ground and that it might not have to be a traditional ruck partnership in which one player rests forward. Reading between the lines I think he's implying that we might finally get to see English on a wing!
There was a few occasions this season where dunkley rucked and English was there to rove.

Guido

Premium Gold
Aug 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Leros United
Can anyone think of past rucks that continued to do well into their mid-30s?

This is purely from memory, but gut feeling was Paul Salmon was still going great at 33/34? Spider Everritt felt pretty old when he was dominating late in his career? From memory, Spider Burton had his best years with North post 30.

There's obviously a risk, but I'm bullish on Martin.

All depends on injuries and whether he's lost a yard or not, but I think it's worth the punt.

Seems a great bloke to have around the team, too.

Sep 7, 2015
AFL Club
Tasmania

This is purely from memory, but gut feeling was Paul Salmon was still going great at 33/34? Spider Everritt felt pretty old when he was dominating late in his career? From memory, Spider Burton had his best years with North post 30.

All depends on injuries and whether he's lost a yard or not, but I think it's worth the punt.

Mumford played in a grand final team a couple of years ago at 47 years of age.

Simon Crawshay

Premiership Player
Jun 4, 2016
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Paul Salmon played so well for the Hawks as a 33/34 year old he made our team of the century.

I have been a big fan of Stef over the years and never thought he got the props he deserved to be honest.

Back