Welcome to the kennel Dominic Bedendo

Remove this Banner Ad

Was more focusing on Dom. He is a player who you'd hope reaches his upside but has little base. His very raw and has alot to learn about positioning, running patterns and general football but hopefully with a few years in the elite system he can put it all together

So he IS a Bulldogs forward.

Kid will eke out a 30-35 game career over 7-8 seasons, highlighted by being a member of our 4th premiership, be a finalist in mark of the year, then retire to relative obscurity as a children's entertainer, or circus magician. I don't know if any/all of that will happen, but I won't be surprised if/when any/all of them do.

Will he be DoBe, or DomBed?

All the best, kid. I just want to say "good luck", we're all counting on you.

1607555278963.png

I. Winder who i wanted at that pick ? I will call you Dom i have not been this excited since i drove hundreds of kilometres to Ballarat to watch Zephaniah Skinner wear the sub vest and come on late to have one touch versus North Melbourne and i got sunburned badly just to round out a wonderful experience .I would love the first eight picks in the rookie draft could do some damage as the clubs left a lot on the table.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With that athletic profile, potential as an Easton Wood style intercepting defender perhaps

That was exactly my hope after I saw his video.
Comparisons to Howe and then seeing his leap certainly has some tools for that role

As our list is more mature than a couple of years ago at least the kid gets to just develop without expectation.

I heard we've only drafted him as the club is desperate to win a GF sprint. There's an empty space in the museum trophy cabinet, and it is regularly discussed at board meetings. Smorgo and PG quietly made it part of their agenda for years, but closest we've been is Jordan McMahon finishing third in 2002. Imagine the eruption in the western suburbs when Dominic Bedendo is crowned at half time!

1607562821098.png

Edit: Hawk running the mile in 1978 - club was taking the p1ss! :laughing:

I heard we've only drafted him as the club is desperate to win a GF sprint. There's an empty space in the museum trophy cabinet, and it is regularly discussed at board meetings. Smorgo and PG quietly made it part of their agenda for years, but closest we've been is Jordan McMahon finishing third in 2002. Imagine the eruption in the western suburbs when Dominic Bedendo is crowned at half time!

View attachment 1025820

Edit: Hawk running the mile in 1978 - club was taking the p1ss! :laughing:
Lipinski, Ray and Daniel for the 100m sprint...get the impression the club didn’t exactly prioritise this event.

So far I've seen Benendo and Bendino and we've had him less than 24 hours.

Kid's crying out for a nickname. What's it to be? Bendigo? Bandito? Benito? Benny? (SoB could set a compilation of highlights - or clangers - to the Benny Hill theme)

We also need to wean him off his crush on Bucks and the Pies. If that proves incurable, we offer him as a trade for Fin Macrae. Hell, I'd even throw in Richards if it ices the deal.

So far I've seen Benendo and Bendino and we've had him less than 24 hours.

Kid's crying out for a nickname. What's it to be? Bendigo? Bandito? Benito? Benny? (SoB could set a compilation of highlights - or clangers - to the Benny Hill theme)

We also need to wean him off his crush on Bucks and the Pies. If that proves incurable, we offer him as a trade for Fin Macrae. Hell, I'd even throw in Richards if it ices the deal.
Is this a new record for discussing player trades?? :oops:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back