List Mgmt. Welcome to the Kennel Hayden Crozier

Remove this Banner Ad

Great get - Dal wanted him ahead of Clay Smith with our first rounder eons ago.
Can play anywhere so he's a Bevo type.

Last year we played him off halfback and he flourished. For whatever reason, he had the whole pre season working as a halfback and as the season began we swapped him forward. Think he's best suited to a Jeremy Howe sort of role as his marking and skills are quite good. Does have a great goal sense though so half forward is always an option.
Yeah he can definitely play back, I just question why we hate forwards so much. Whenever somebody comes in with genuine goal sense we push them to another position as quickly as possible.

Interesting comments from Freo posters (thanks guys). Hints that Bevo's "go out and express your natural game" philosophy might see us extract more value out of Crozier than we've seen under Lyon. That would make this #19 pick in the 2011 draft a real acquisition.

I'm interested to see how this plays out on the prospects of Williams, R.Smith and maybe even Webb. I think Biggs remains a lock for one of the small defender roles. Some good competitive tension for the remaining half-back spots ... or do we look to change their primary role? Maybe even play JJ further up the field on a regular basis?

Yeah he can definitely play back, I just question why we hate forwards so much. Whenever somebody comes in with genuine goal sense we push them to another position as quickly as possible.
He's played a few quality games up forward but I suppose it's hard trying to play second fiddle to Walters in a team that kicks about 4 goals a game.

How do you pronounce his name? Is it just simply crozy-errr, or is it crozie-aye?
Honestly it gets pronounced differently by everyone so don't stress too much. :rainbow:

First one is closer to how he pronounces it, FWIW. Nickname is Croz which is much easier.

Honestly it gets pronounced differently by everyone so don't stress too much. :rainbow:

First one is closer to how he pronounces it, FWIW. Nickname is Croz which is much easier.
Looking forward to a series of inside exclusives from you Dan...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like the fact that he is not a dickhead (he's a mate of Dan10 after all ;)) and that he has a good work and team ethic.

Anyone else see a pattern developing with our latest acquisitions? (especially in the context of HWMNBN)

How about Crozz (like Cross, not Crows)-e-er?? I feel like I got this now:p I like this player, he is now my favourite player!

How about Crozz (like Cross, not Crows)-e-er?? I feel like I got this now:p I like this player, he is now my favourite player!
If you're pronouncing the full name it's Crow-zee-er (or Crow-zeer) but the nickname is Crozz (as in Cross) as far as I know. :p

Stuff it. Im just gonna call him Hayden:p

Haha. Crow-ze-er.

Agree with Moist Biscuit, he is probably better at half back.

Up forward he just struggles for consistency a bit. He'll do something amazing then go un-sighted for a half. However he has really improved his tackling and pressure since he got here. Probably technically the best set shot at the club maybe with Mundy, although I think he lost a bit of confidence this year. If he can find a bit of consistency up forward in a different game style you've got yourself a pretty reasonable, if not world beating HFF.

Down back though he just seems to be involved more if he can play a kind of quarterback role. Not much of a right foot (although in a pinch it is ok) but he can hit someone on the tit from 50 with the left and has pretty good vision. My only criticism down back would be he tends to stop, set, look for an option and then kick long rather than just taking off if he's in space, still finds the target the majority of the time. For Peel over the last few years he actually played as more of a wing/outside mid and is pretty serviceable in that role if required.

Also he throws up. A lot. Like once every few games he will yak on the field after running himself into the ground.

Sad to see him go but probably doesn't fit down back for us with Ryan and (hopefully) Wilson, and never really nailed down he spot up forward over Walters and now Bennell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back